Spicy Grilled Tenderloin with Grilled Vegetables
By BFL Team
- 4 (4 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed of fat
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 small zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 2 small yellow squash, halved lengthwise
- 2 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 green onions
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons bottled, minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Cooking spray
Preheat grill or broiler. Sprinkle steaks with ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Combine ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, green onions, balsamic vinegar, garlic and olive oil in a zip-top plastic bag. Seal and shake to coat.
Coat grill rack or broiler pan with cooking spray and add steaks. Cook 4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Remove zucchini and yellow squash from bag and add to broiler pan or grill rack coated with cooking spray. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until tender. Add the tomatoes and onions on the grill rack or broiler pan and cook 2 minutes or until tender. Coarsely chop the vegetables, and place in a bowl. Add more salt and pepper to taste and stir gently. Serve with steaks. Serves 4.