Asparagus, Tomato, Chicken and Penne Pasta
By BFL Team
- 1 (16 ounce) package whole-wheat penne pasta
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons bottled, minced garlic
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 12 ounces asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup non-fat Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta according to directions, drain and transfer to a large bowl. While pasta cooks, heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and sauté until no longer pink in the middle.
Remove from pan. Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil and sauté garlic for a few seconds. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add asparagus, tomatoes and red pepper flakes and cook until asparagus is tender. Stir in chicken and cook for two minutes. Toss pasta with chicken and vegetables and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.