Official Body-for-LIFE Cardio-Training Plan
Cardio workouts are indispensable to an effective training program and general good health. By definition, cardio workouts can be any exercise—jogging, running, biking, swimming, elliptical machine, stairs, even jumping rope—that raises and maintains your heart rate over a predetermined amount of time. By doing so, you strengthen your heart and lungs and lower your resting heart rate, which means that over time the same effort that produced a 10-minute mile will produce a 9-minute mile. Cardio workouts burn fat. And cardio fitness is what gives you endurance and the ability to persist in sports and in life.
The Benefits of Cardio
- Increases metabolic rate
- Increases growth hormone secretion
- Reduces stress levels
- Increases blood flow to the brain increasing alertness
- Improve cholesterol levels
- Improves digestion
- Boosts immune-system function
20-Minute Aerobics Solution™ — The Official Body-for-LIFE Cardio Plan
- Warm up the first 2 minutes at Intensity Level 5
- Minutes 2-3 move from Intensity Level 5 to 6
- Minutes 4-5, 6-10 and 11-14 work your way from Intensity Level 6 to Level 9, maintain for one minute.
- Minutes 15-19 work your way from Intensity Level 6 to Level 10 (High Point at Level 10), maintain for one minute.
- Minute 20 cool down to Intensity Level 5 for one minute.
Alternate weight-training and cardio workouts for six consecutive days and rest on the seventh day.
Click here to learn about the Body-for-LIFE Weight-Training Plan