Mighty Max's Evolution... & Accountability Thread

• Hi Jessica,

With the BFL programe, do you ever find yourself doing more reps than 12 etc? Sometimes I find that I need to do more to feel warmed up for the next set etc.

I hope you find cross-fit beneficial, good luck!

• Hi BflGalina.  I am unsure if I understand your question.  I kept to the plan.  I did not do more than the 12 - 10 - 8 - 6 - 12 - 12.  It sounds to me like there might be an issue with modulating your intensity levels, like if maybe your 12 reps at what's supposed to be intensity 5 is too easy, and more like a 3 intensity?  If so, then up your weights.  Or do you mean your muscles aren't warm and you're feeling tight?  If so, then I would suggest doing some stretching exercises first, and literally getting warmed up.  

CrossFit is teaching me humility for sure!  I'm having trouble with cadence.  I'll get better, and of this I'm sure.  

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• CF is going well.  I'm having trouble with cadence, due to a lower VO2 Max / asthma, but am improving.  I never realized I was so tight.  I'm learning a lot about the kind of flexibility the body is meant to have.  

Oh, and I'm doing another BFL Challenge!  I did well with my last one.  Okay... I'm very proud of my results.  I just know now I can go lower in body fat, even much lower, like to 12%.  

• It's mostly better now, though I pulled a back muscle.  I'm not that coordinated and admit that CF is hard for me.  I can't seem to do the moves right.  I hope it's a common thing, and that I'll eventually overcome it.  I need to keep going.  You can't master something new if you don't first suck!

• My back is at 100%!  The whole making a shelf with my elbows... I am just not getting it.  I don't know why.  Oh well.  Maybe a range of motion thing.  I'm going to keep working at it.  Also, I'm consistently doing my daily  gratitude list.  It's so very powerful.  Doing that last BFL Challenge... IT CHANGED EVERYTHING!  

• I'm back on BFL and loving it.  It's a for life thing, so what I mean is that I'm doing an official challenge again, which does have me tightening up.  It just brings clarity and focus to my life!  

• Happy New Year!  

I'm so excited about 2014.  BFL has literally changed the trajectory of my life.  Today I did some serious back-squats.  I love those.  They make me feel powerful.  Keep on keeping on, athletes!  

• Yaayy! I didn't even know that you were in an another challenge! You are going to blast it, honeybuns! :D:D

• Thanks, MaryKate!  I'm glad to see you back.  I'm here for you the WHOLE way.  Did you hear me?  Let me repeat... the WHOLE WAY!  

• Today I kicked my own ass, wanted to die for just a moment, and damn... it made me so proud!  

The most evil word in the English language is burpees.  Yup.  those things are the devil.  Today I did 66 of them, and just realized the irony of that number... and that was only 1/2 the workout.  Oh, on another related front, I think I might be a masochist.

My asthma has been flaring lately.  I'm going dairy and gluten free until it's back under control.  

Today really did make me proud.  asthma + not that coordinated = burpees make me cry

I no longer run from challenges!  

• Masochist! hahahaha That made me giggle! Jess, you are the best-est EVER! I can't thank you enough for the love and support. Hmmm, these burpees that you speak of? I've not tried them...but they DO sound like some third-world torture technique! lol Are you blindfolded when you perform these torture tactics? tee hee

• About how long do you need to go gluten and dairy free to get things under control?

• You got it, girl.  I was so wiped that I couldn't see straight.  Does that count?  

Hummm... not an exact science, but I'm giving it at least 4 weeks.  

• Do you also find that soy or corn aggravate your allergies? Dairy really is the devil sometimes...but I'm not willing to part with Myoplex or Greek yogurt for the challenge. SO, I chug along anyway. lol Looking back, it seems that I was setting myself up for failure when attempting to do the challenge as a vegan. Vegetarian is far more doable but still made me question whether I was taking in too many carbs with those protein options. What fish oils are you consuming these days?

• I wouldn't know.  I think soy is poison and though I love an ear of corn during the summer, don't have it otherwise, and yes... it's in nearly everything, but when not eating processed foods, it's avoided.  So it's not in whole foods... or in other words, FOOD.    

I'm confused about your Myoplex comment being linked to dairy.  MK!  Please tell me you don't make it with milk.  I make mine with water.  

Though I see the value in Greek yogurt, think we can find an alternative, especially if it exasperates your allergies.  

Your ethical values are yours, and not for me to sway, either way.  When talking purely about nutritional and fitness value, I believe vegetarianism is not best, and veganism is downright unhealthy.  

And to answer you on carbs/protein with your former diet... YES.  

Carlson's.  I believe they have solid QC standards, and yes... I still very much believe in supplementing with fish oil.