Body FOR LIFE: 2 years since end of first Challenge

• Yesterday was the 2 year anniversary of the end of my first BFL challenge. I have completed 3 more challenges since then but I have yet to repeat the results, intensity, strictness, and motivation of those original 12 weeks. Right now I am back to the leaness I was then (2.5 pounds of fat higher). Here is pic of 3-5-10 and 3-6-12

At first all I understood and worried about was the BODY but  now I see the big picture and understand the FOR LIFE part of it. Just like each each day is part of a week and each week is part of a month, each challenge is part of our life. Dream big and accomplish things in small steps. You can't put all your hopes and dreams into just 12 weeks. This is your life and it is an endurance event. You are in it for the long run so find something you love or something that scares you and challenge yourself. BFL is the foundation of fitness, especially for first timers and people coming back after setbacks and LIFE happened. If you live towards the goal 6-7 days a week a 11-12 months a year while not alloying for destructive behavior and thoughts then you will live it FOR LIFE. I don't have it all figured out but little by little I am making improvements. The mental is the real battle.

I did not even start to see the big picture until about 6-7 months ago.

"The acquisition of knowledge doesn’t mean you’re growing; growing happens when what you know changes how you live. You can’t change anything or make any sort of progress by sitting back and thinking about it. If you keep doing what you’re doing, you’ll keep getting what you’re getting. The best time to start is now. You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep rereading your previous one."

Here is a great read, 12 Stressful Things to Stop Tolerating:

http://www.marcandangel.com/2012/03/05/12-stressful-things-to-stop-tolerating/?fwcc=1&fwcl=1&fwl

“"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out..." - Robert J. Collier”

http://thisisbryanok.blogspot.com/

• This is why I started this program.  This is why I will STICK with this!  Great post man.  I am just about 1/2 of the way finished with my first of my many challenges.  Thank you for the inspiration!  

• Great work Bryan on your Challenges AND on the running times and distances. Wish I could get into running but my 10 years of mandatory running in the service have kind of turned me off to the outdoors version of running for now. Still I am doing treadmill running and am now up to an incline of 7.5 with a speed of 7.5 sustained for the HIT portion of a series. (in other words that's my level 10 currently in HIT treadmill running).Keep moving Forward Bryan.

• Bryan, great post and great transformation.  I'm a reader of your blog and thank you for the motivation.  You nail the for life part, I too am trying to figure it out and I'm going down the right path as you.

• Hi Bryan,

Your a great Inspiration to All of us here, I myself, has gotten Lots of Inspiration from your posts,and greatly appreciate the tons of help you have given others here!,

I was soo-Inspired by your Blogsite,,I have started to Build my own,,

My Best to you my friend!

JOHNtx52

• Good personal advice and a great read.

For years I have been taking the things out of my life that have made me unhappy.

Pretty much have those things licked now.

People always look at me weird because I never seem to be down. I started a new job a little over 6 months ago and I think it has taken all my coworkers this long to see it really is not an act that I live my life this way.

I know this is not a religious forum and I am not preaching religion as I think it is a personal choice but I live my life by the Serenity Prayer. I would guess most people are at least familiar by it but for those who are not, the first lines are

"God grant me the serenity

to accept the things I cannot change;

courage to change the things I can;

and wisdom to know the difference."

There is a continuation of it but those lines alone are very powerful.

At this point, although I am not in bad shape, and well within the healthy range, I am not happy with my condition as I know I can be better. This is something that I along with each and every one of has the power to change.

So Kudos to everyone here that not only has the wisdom to know that but the courage to step up to the plate and give a swing at it. Especially those of you who have been told you can't or won't do it by people around you.

Another good read I found yesterday and I couldn't think of a far better place to share it and a finer group of people to share it with.

www.ascentadvising.com