Running Races, huh???

• Hey Gang -

Hadn't checked in lately, feeling the withdrawals from my BFL Fam!!  So a year into my BFL lifestyle I decided I was going to start running.  I thought that after losing 60 pounds and a ton of inches, I was in "good shape."  Turns out, I wasn't...it was torture.  My first 5K was miserable and I realized that despite having come so far, I had so far still to go.  This was demorazling to me, but at the same time, it was just another wake up call I needed.  So this past weekend, I had my best 5K yet, personal best, and at the end I turned around to go get a friend of mine a mile behind me, I would never have thought I would be in the shape I am now.  I have a 10K in 3 weeks and a duathlon in 6 weeks...again, shaking my head of much this program can affect your life for the good.  For those who started off, really bad like me, like REALLY bad, don't get discouraged  I'm not saying it will be easy, I'm saying it will be worth it.  I'm coming up on my two year "BFL Birthday" soon, and I celebrate, it saved my life.  

P.S. - Finally a picture with me smiling, for those who like to give me grief ;-)

Brez

• That is so awesome! And your smile is looking great. Running is extremely hard for me, but that just makes me want to do it. Do you mind if I ask if you have ever been a smoker? It is pretty much my biggest obstacle right now and why I have such a hard time running at all.

• Way to go Texas Brez,  You're better than I am on this one,  I gave up running on concrete and asphalt when I left the service.  I had ten years of it and all it did was mess up my feet and knees to boot. So I confine my running to the gym on the treadmill for now. You look great and it is abviously doing you some good too, soo I say Keep Moving Forward but be sure to get some supportive shoes when doing so.

• Hey Caity –

Thanks.  It was really hard for me when I first started, so hard I could only run for about a minute and then needed a walk break.  Yup, was a smoker for over a decade, stopped smoking about 4 years ago and stopped dipping 3 years ago.  I promise you, you stop smoking you will thank yourself a million times over.  I was a hardcore smoker and now, I get nauseous when somebody walks past me and they have recently smoked, uggh…gag!!!

Hey Bill –

Thanks as always, my first BFL Buddy!!!  I can actually only run on concrete, my ankles just collapse when I run on uneven surfaces, but yes, the knees and feet do take a beating.  I just bought my third pair of running shoes in 6 months, I’m tearing through them!!

Brez

• Did my 10K for the Wounded Warrior Project yesterday,  beat my goal pace time, so now onto duathlon training and then half-marathon :-)))

Brez

• Great job Brez!

• I never ran a marathon or 1/2 marathon, but I have been tempted to sign up for this night one in vegas. I know once I make a commitment I will go for it.

runrocknroll.competitor.com/las-vegas