realistic goals

• I am starting week 11 and although I have made great progress (My opinion) Lost 25 lbs and 7 inch on my waist. I think I am going to need more time to get to the point that you see any thing like those pictures of past champions. right now I am happy just to be able to see my feet never mind my abs.  My starting weight was a sum far greater then it should have been and will take some time still. I think It would take an act of God to chisel that much poundage off in 12 weeks to get to my abs.  I have followed the program almost to  a "T" and I am loving the results so far. I feel great, look a lot better (Again, my opinion) I have much more energy and the next two weeks are going to be awesome. All I can say to those of you who are going through this BLF transformation is,  set realistic goals for yourself and don't give up no matter what.  It will be worth all the hard work at the end. C-2 only  two weeks away.

• Holy smokes Batman - 7 inches off your waist!  Can you tell I have a 4 year old son?!  Congrats on your accomplishment.  I am on just week 3 and I am with you on the energy level.  I don't see any drastic changes, but I read a lot in the forums - it keeps me motivated.

Have a good one.

• Soaring Eagle: WOW....Congrats on making great gains so far. You have done fantastic!! Two pounds per week of fat loss is a great pace.....very steady. You will find that as you get leaner the fat loss will slow up somewhat to maybe 1 1/2 lbs. per week. Keep up the good work.

fit4life "The dream must be bigger than the pain"

• Thanks for the positive comments. I am going to keep pushing onward. Even if it takes a challenge or two I am determined to get my old body back into young shape :)

• I am glad to hear your not putting all your hopes, dreams, and goal into 1 challenge. Multiple challenge really help set the FOR LIFE part of the program. 1-2 pounds a week is great, especially when you have lost so much off of your waist. I made the mistake of putting too much pressure of my first BFL challenge and I ended up hitting a wall and having a setback for 4 months. You are a step ahead of alot of people mentally. Thanks for sharing the advice about realistic goals. The champions do not represent 95% of people doing this program. That's why they are champions.

“"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out..." - Robert J. Collier”

http://thisisbryanok.blogspot.com/

• Congrats SOaring Eagle on your determination and resolve to reach those Challenge goals that you have set and Welcome to the Warrior forum as well.   I would like to add you as a BFL Friend it that is possible , just let me know some time.  I will be starting my next Challenge (C3) on 9th April (to 2 Jul) and it would be great to have your advice along the way as well.

• Eagle, that is awsome progress!  I agree that the additional challenges help the for life part, as that is what I am living right now.  Weeks 13/14 were hard to stay focused as the little devil my shoulder was hounding me to give in, but as I continue on, it seems easier to stay focused.  I use my pictures for motivation and it seems easier to say no to many things, like carbs, alcohol, sweets, etc. Free days don't count though lol.

Week to week I was seeing progress, but as you, it was fairly apparent that doing simple math would tell me that I was not going to be Adonis in 12 weeks... I thought that I would for the first 4-6 weeks.  Reality is if you start anywhere over 30% body fat, you will most likely need more that one challenge, something I too realized.  Reading up on Hussman Fitness site was an eye opener for me with the cardio tweaks.  The lifting and nutrition I have stuck to BFL and I don't see any reason to change as I continue to see progress and make sure to keep my intensities.

I wish you continued success and look to read up on your progress for motivation as well!

• I am trying to be realistic - but with great optimism...especially since so much of it is from the inside out - and mental attitude.  I expect to look much different by May 15th... but doubt that I will be ripped like so many of the challenge participants get.

But it is Body For Life - so I'm determined this is it - a lifestyle - not a 12-week program. Great post all -  of you!