BFL Champion pictures

• I've seen enough jaw-dropping transformations on this forum (for instance see bodyforlife.com/.../2202.aspx and bodyforlife.com/.../2978.aspx - there are more that I can't think of right at this minute) to believe that it is indeed possible.

That said, I believe the stars have to be in perfect alignment for it to happen in a single 12-week challenge. The rest of us just need to be a little more patient and keep working. Whether it's age, genetics or a medical condition that slows progress, just keep at it. Revisit your goals, take a hard look at your efforts in both diet and exercise, and replace those negative thoughts with some positive affirmations.

I believe that everyone who truly wants results and is willing to work hard for them will accomplish their goals.

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• Thx Amy.  What I meant to say is that after my cardio (and I am gasping sweating and all that as well), is I really wonder if 20 minutes is all I need for that whole day . I feel like doing more later in the day, but I don't want to stray from the program...or maybe I'm lazy.

Thanks

• Well, today was so frustrating because I've come to terms that I've failed the BFL challenge.  You guys have to believe me, I worked hard and ate right.  Like I said my wife is honest with me, she sees what I eat and how hard I work out and she tells me I should be thinner or look better for it.  That's not the only reason I have doubts.  I would show you all pictures, but I'm embarrassed and and it's not for lack of trying.  I'm having a hard believing it's this hard to get in-shape and look good.  I'll continue the program because I know it's possible for others and it has to be possible for me, BUT HAS ANYBODY FELT LIKE I DO AFTER 12 WEEKS?  Has anyone completed the challenge and not gotten great results?  I don't mean good results...I'm referring again to the people in the book and on the website.  Their encouraging, yet discouraging.  Thanks for letting me whine, piss and moan.

Thanks

Tim

• Tim!

It's happened to the best of us.  Transformation takes time and you didn't fail.  Do you have more energy?  Do you feel proud of having stuck to it?  Are your habits healthier?  Where's the failure here?  

Can I tell you a secret that isn't such a secret?  I had a freakin' fantastic transformation and no, I'm not saying that to be a jerk and throw it in your face.  I'm telling you that because I also want to share that I gained back the weight and failed to continue to honor my self promises and have actions congruent with my goals.  You are still doing this.  You are still striving.  That is NOT failure!  That is winning!  I'm beginning to think that consistency, not amazing short term results is what creates a winner.

What were your starting and ending stats?  Can you give us a sample of your typical meal plan with what you have and about how much? 

We're here to help you succeed and I promise you that you are getting there, just not as quickly as you'd like. 

Take a look at Champster09's profile.  I'll let her speak for herself about her experiences.  She posted on this thread.  Go to her name and click on it to see and read her profile.  I believe it will change your perspective.

Best.

Jessica

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• Well folks here is my 2ยข... I just began my 3rd challenge this year on august 8th.... I have had good results with the 1st 2 challenges and I am not where the champions are/were but I am feeling much much better than ever before... Medication free... and a much slimmer waist (from 44 to 32) over the past 2 years... I still have a ways to go... but this program does work... and I agree with the others you get out of this what effort you put into it...

Learning to be Happy with Where I am in Life...

• Tazz - I have seen your progress.. you look bloody great and you touched on the most important points.... I am competing only with myself... I looked like a fat marshmallow when I started this.... yet, in 10 weeks, having worked my ass off, I am looking like ME... that is a great thing, plus the added muscle and smaller gut.. I could care less what past champions looked like... I only care about pushing myself to be MY BEST... hopefully in the process others will do the same

I went out walking through the city center, it happened just the other day. Sometimes Sydney Harbor in the winter, blows a little luck my way.

• Thx for the kind words Jessica...they help.  

I DO need to stop comparing myself to other people and focus on my own successes.  I DO feel healthier and more aware of what I put in my body.  I feel much stronger than when I started and I tell everyone about the program because, even though I'm not looking so good, I feel it really works.  The best thing about the program is that it makes you more health-conscious.  

Stats? 37 y.o., 5'10", 210 lbs.  I lost 5 pounds, my shirts are looser in the gut and tighter in the chest, arms and shoulders, I went down 1 pants size and my legs are leaner.  Not the end-result I was expecting.  Like I said, the fat really didn't go anywhere, and that is my focus.  

Has anyone heard of a person doing great on a low-carb diet, but then couldn't lose fat after gaining it back?  That's my story.  in 1998 I went low-carb, lost 30 lbs.  I Stopped the low-carb in 2005 and I started gaining it back and since then have not been able to lose a pound of fat.

Thanks all! 

• Tim at week 10 of my very first challenge I sat on my sofa sobbing because I was no where near an after.  I weighed over 300# when I started and I fully and completely and totally unrealistically believed I could transform in 12 weeks.  

In reality, I did transform mentally in 12 weeks.  Physically it took 4 additional challenges and more soul searching than I care to admit for me to finally be an after.

Tim some folks are also very sensitive to wheat carbs.  Have you tried sticking with red potatoes and or sweet potatoes and fruit for your carbs?  I rarely eat ANY processed foods.  If it lasts for more than a week, I rarely eat it.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• I'm sorry about your struggle, but it gives me hope.  And this is hard for a man to admit, but these last 3 days I've been on the verge of tears and wondering, "what's wrong with me, why can't I do this." I think I have resistant fat, and I have a lot of fat to lose.  

I'll cut out the wheat and see what happens.  Other than that I eat whole oats, brown rice for carbs and I love sweet potatoes.  

Thanks for the wheat idea, they may get me over a hump.  

thx champster!

I'm done b****ing now.  Thanks for all your thoughts and words and time guys!

Tim

• Bwhahaaha you are not B****ing, you are just frustrated.  I'm going to put it to you the best way I can.  "Suck it up Buttercup" and get busy getting fit.  

Ditch all of the wheat and seriously mind your portions on whole oats & brown rice.  Stick those in post workout if possible.  

You CAN do this, just get out of the negative self talk.  One of my rules is NO NEGATIVE SELF TALK, EVER.

Oh and one other thing...  push yourself to the limit every single workout.  On cardio days, people should be staring at you wondering if you are going to make it through.  

Now go get 'em!

• Some great real support on this thread. I used to "love" crackers until I was given the same advice. To stay away from breads and grains and limit potatoes. They literally make my tummy puff up by morning now and it is so obvious. Now. Not then. Not when I was trying to make excuses about my portions or what I was truly eating.

Tonight there is all kinds of camping leftovers in the fridge.

I chose a can of tuna, 8 cherry tomatoes from our garden and some sliced cabbage and carrots with a teeny bit of oil and vinegar on that. Did it look appealing? Not really. Colorful? Hell ya. LOL. I ate it on a middle size plate all in perfect portions. Half way through my body was already responding. I just got in from 2 hours of steady yardwork - cut the grass that was about 8 flippen inches high then trimmed our huge caragana bushes and bagged all the branches. 3 oversized garbage bags. I was so hungry. Like real hungry - not tired, or bored. So soon after giving it clean "FUEL" I feel better and energized again. Sore like the dickens for multiple reasons, yet satisfied that I made the right choice tonight.

Now I need water. Lots.

Keep rockin those weeks by. One meal at a time, one workout, one great choice.

• @Legs

I'm not sure if that dinner is Mighty Max approved, not that my stamp counts for a hill of beans.  I sent you an email.  We need to work on your attitude about carbs.  At your level, I really think carb cycling might make for a great option, but in absence of that, simply cutting is not the answer.  ...although I don't know how much you had in carrots.  8 cherry tomatoes and some cabbage just wouldn't add up to being enough carbs.  Paleo just hasn't held up to real scrutiny.  Also, it would be different if that was meal 6.  You know what?  Forget it.  There are unknowns here.  :)  We were going to talk anyway about your plan.

As for this thread:

This thread is the essence of the BFL Community and it's warmed my heart to observe the purely selfless beautiful support here.  We have all felt what Tim is currently going through. 

Knowing I wasn't the best person to help, it was humbling and good for me to observe magic happening.

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• Well-said Jessica.  You're right, the beauty of this message board is the support, and you guys really came through for me.

Thanks

Tim

• Finally got a new picture to upload to my profile.  It's been awhile.

Scratch that.  It shows that it uploads, but then when you go out and back it's not saving the pics.  Still having technical difficulties.

• Hey Tim,

Yes, they are very real. I myself followed the program and the nutritional guidelines which resulted in my final transformation. I see that you are disheartened by your final outcome but I assure you it is not your genes that determines your final look. It is exactly what you have been doing from the very beginning that determines your final outcome for the ending weeks.

You worked as diligently and consistantly as you could and that is what you should be recognizing, the work you put in. You must reward yourself for effort, not the outcome. Be proud of what you have done in that amount of time, not what the final product looks like. Most do not finish the challenge, you did. That is something to be proud of Tim.

Body for life is given its name for a reason. It is a life time commitment to health. You must continue to work at it, even if you are not where you would like to be, you are much farther along than where you originally were. That alone will put years onto your life, give you endorphines that will make you much happier and keep your body working efficiently without breaking down for many years to come.

Next time you walk up a few flights of stairs with your friends, or up a large hill, stop to see who is the one breathing the heaviest- then recommend to them this challenge, it is likely one of the reasons you managed transcending the same obstacles much easier. Along with one of the things that your friend will be thanking you for showing him down the road, when his health is exponentially better as well.

Keep going and keep your thoughts directed towards your goals. There is nothing more inspiring in this world--or inhibiting than yourself. Best of luck.

Your friend,

Bryant Scott

2011 Body-for-Life Champion