Nutrition tips

• Hi My name is Jon i am currently offshore at work of Angola west Africa. I live in Cape Town South Africa and started the Body for Life 16 days ago. I have lost 5-7 Kg's already and i have a probelem when it comes to Nutrition. I can not prpare my own food here until i get home in ten days time. So i have to eat what is served here, so now i realy have to watch my protion sizes and try not eat greasy foods.

The gym is limited but i make a plan and push myself with the equipment available to me. So has you can see i cant wai to get home were i can plan and cook my own food and get to my gym that has every item that i need.

I prey body for life helps me change my life for the better and reading all the success storys i know it will. Does any one have any advise for me on day 16 and feeling the heat at the moment and trying not to cheat?

Jonny V

• Hey Jonny ... I am in week 10 of my second challenge and I can say you just have to take it one day at a time!  Always remind yourself of why you are doing this ... it's not just about weight loss it's about how it makes you feel and regaining your health!  If you do mess up ... fess up and KEEP going!  We all slip up from time to time, but that doesn't mean we punish ourselves or throw in the towel, no we keep going forward until we reach our goal!  You CAN do this and when temptation is getting the best of you think back to all the hard work you have already done ... you don't want to waist all that work right?!  

What I do if I get board that’s when I want to eat/snack, so I don't let myself get board I play with my kids, go for a walk, clean, etc ... anything to get away from mindless munching!  I also find chugging a big glass of water helps me to feel full so I don't want to snack and sometimes I even chew a piece of sugarless gum when I just feel the need to chew something lol.

I don't know if any of this will help, but I am sure you will do great!!  Best of luck to you!