2011 Body-for-LIFE Challenge!

• Andy,

If you had product from the previous challenge what was within a reasonable time period then I would just indicate that you did in fact use some of their product.  It's true and you owe it to yourself to have your entry counted!

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• Thanks for answering that Jessica. I had some CLA and some Myoplex left over that I used early on until I ran out. I had a great transformation in my life. Overcame my addictions to food and "feeding my feelings" and am living a much better life now.

• It's tough to overcome feeding feelings.  I'm thrilled for you!

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• Thanks. It has been tough and I still fight it, but at least I'm winning more of the battles :)

• Back on the topic of prizes. It is a bummer though they did away with the cash prize. Though it shouldn't be the sole motivation, it is a very powerful one that helps many people get started moving in the right direction, then finally, the cash is just a perk, but one that is a very NICE and welcome perk!

I really don't NEED $5000 in store credit: that would probably last me 3 years!!! :)

Am I seriously going to wear the BFL jacket everywhere? I bet there are many out there already just hanging in a closet.

A powerblocks home gym is kind of cool, but offer me some Kettlebells and we've got a deal!!! :)

What I do think would be cool and they did do years ago was a Championship Ring.

Anyway...at this point, I ask myself...."why enter"? The biggest prize I have is the self-confidence and new lease on life that I've gained, but I don't need to win the Body for Life Challenge to have that.

So, without something of real value to me personally, what point is there to actually being selected as a Body for Life Champion?

I already AM a champion.

• Just a thought....when I saw the new prizes I was a bit dissappointed also, but thought maybe I could donate the $5k to a food bank that needs baby formula?  You get the satisfaction of helping your fellow man, and a tax deduction!

• With unemployment at an all time high. The prize money could have put food on my table. I have lost faith in BFL; them are a multimillion dollar company and could afford to award prize money. Many people are in survival mode and as I said before I hope they reconsider.

• I wont lie... I, like most other folks could sure use the $$$$$ but the body and health I am obviously developing with this PLAN, to me, Is Worth Its Weight in GOLD!!!! A changed mind can achieve anything it can imagine

Learning to be Happy with Where I am in Life...

• I live in an area with many Abbott employees.   They just had some substantial layoffs -- I know many who were impacted.   I'm guessing the division that makes EAS products was not spared so it might have come down to:  do we retain employees or pay prize money?

• The $5000 gift to a food bank for people who need formula is a great idea!

Cutting back on the prize money: another sign of the recession perhaps? But I'd figured since Abbott is a billion $ company that the prize money is just a drop in the bucket.

I work is sales and this is what happens with money crunchers get involved in value assessment.

• Anyway...nevermind my ranting about this right now. It's a shock, but it certainly isn't going to stop me from transforming my life and hoping to inspire others. As a matter of fact, perhaps it's a good thing, as it is forcing me to look for a much deeper and more meaningful reason for entering the Body for Life Challenge.

:)

• I love the idea of donating to a charity! I don't like the idea that I would have to pay taxes on the $9,000 prize though. Maybe they just change it to a charitable donation.

• If by chance, there are any BFL members who just finished the prior challenge in 2010 (3/9-11/26/10) and they are not just ready for another challenge immediately and haven't yet started one. A great use of the 25% discount offered with the Congrats letter might be to go to the Abbott website and use it towards the purchase of the 4 disc BFL dvd set to help with your next challenge like I did. It's a great set of dvd's with lots of helpful info and tips. (That is unless you need the 25% off credit for a current or next challenge). WPBILL

• I was going to enter the challenge until I saw that the prizes had been changed.

What a joke.

I guarantee eas will see the least amount of interest in the BFL contest they have ever had.

Oh well, I guess I will just have to transform my body for myself and NOT use eas products.

• EAS hasn't really cared about the BFL challenge in a while, but it is absolutely ridiculous that they do away with a cash prize.  What a joke.  Bigger picture?  Absolutely.  But to come out in the middle of February with the new terms fits the M.O. of how Abbott has been treating this 'contest'.  They used to congratulate the winners in person.  They used to offer a larger prize.  They used to actually utilize the winners through a platform be it speaking engagements or online via articles or question/answer sessions.  The only time a champion is on here is when they're kind enough to 'give back' to the community.  They used to also let the top 5 in each age category know that they were being considered as the champion, do a phone interview, have them send in updated pictures to make sure the weight wasn't gained back, etc.  From what I've seen/heard/know, they don't even tell the winners until a day or even hours before they post it on this site.  

It's obvious Abbott is more interested in retaining celebrity athletes as spokespeople and that's where the $$ is going.  For me, having an everyday champion speaks more to their products than someone who must be physically fit for their job (of which they're paid an erroneous amount of money) and have a team of personal trainers and nutritionists.  If they want the general public to purchase their products, then don't treat this contest like a step child and embrace the power of what the everyday man/woman can accomplish through the utilization and implementation of both EAS products and programs.

I forsee this being the last year of this 'contest' before it's totally phased out.  Too bad, as this program has reached a number of people to improve upon themselves and those around them.