Remembering "Uncle Mike" Harris :)

• Mike is always in the back of my mind. However, in preparing for the upcoming January 6th challenge, he has been on my mind stronger than ever before. I miss him dearly. He gave all of us lifers awesome advice and some serious tough love. We needed it, as I also desperately need it over the coming weeks. Mike kept us grounded and touched the lives of many throughout his time here on the boards.

Uncle Mike, you are sorely missed! Thank you for just being you while you were here with us.

I pray that there is Myoplex and lean protein in Heaven? :D

Love,

MK

• MK.  It is jimmieb from the old days   I was just thinking about mike and all his wisdom. I am spending the next days revisiting crossing the abyss to prepare for January 6. I look forward to talking to you thru the next 12 weeks

THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE

• Jimmie!!! I can't believe you are here and doing the challenge with us! EEEEE! How have you been, brother? :D

• I've been thinking about Mike a lot lately.  I really wish I could talk to him.  He made such an impression on me, and I'm sad to have not realized it until it was too late to tell him.  

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• Oh, MK, in Heaven all Mike needs is George.  I bet they're together again.  Remember George?  

• MaryKate!  Have you ever wondered what Mike would say about a particular meal, workout, etc? Sometimes asking yourself that will in and of itself tell you the answer.  :)

• GEORGE! Oh, Mike loved him so! lol I bet he was waiting when Mike made it to the Pearly Gates. That thought makes me smile ear to ear. :)

• It is so very true...you can even imagine him answering in that matter-of-fact, sensible tone that he was known and loved--or not so loved for. haha He was spot on when he informed us that we all knew the answers...but just needed to be reminded that our stubborn human tendencies would lead us off track if we didn't keep them in check. :D I miss him. I, too, wish that I had told him how much he was truly appreciated. :)

• Imagining Mike's blatant answers will certainly be what keeps that cupcake or whatever away from my mouth...or refuses to let me talk myself out of a workout. tee hee

• Jimmie, Good to see you my friend. Really weird about Mike Harris. I have been thinking a lot about him thes past few weeks also. maybe it is because I have totally failed myself and I know that if he were here he would be lighting my ass up for being so lazy. So, here is what i have decided. This coming Sunday Jan 12th I am once again going to start a challenge and as God, or Mike Harris is my witness i will complete it. i am sick and tired of coming up with excuses. Excuses are tools of the incompetent. Jimmie, would love to get together at the gym for support. i still belong to Bally's in white marsh, actually LA FITNESS now. look forward to hearing back from you my friend. Email me at sunrents@comcast.net or call me on my cell at 410-365-0081.........Your friend Ray

"I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today"

• Jess, same thing I posted to jimmieb, just wanted you to see it, I know you will not miss the chance to bust my balls in a helpful kind of way. I can use it. Pics will be posted on 01/12/14

Good to see you my friend. Really weird about Mike Harris. I have been thinking a lot about him this past few weeks also. maybe it is because I have totally failed myself and I know that if he were here he would be lighting my ass up for being so lazy. So, here is what i have decided. This coming Sunday Jan 12th I am once again going to start a challenge and as God, or Mike Harris is my witness I will complete it. I am sick and tired of coming up with excuses. Excuses are tools of the incompetent. I will spend the next couople of days formulation a game plan and getting my log together.

• OMG JimmieB and Ray on the same page! You have no idea how this made me smile as I peeked here today. You also have no idea how often I think of the Crew, BFLMike and all the GOOD fun we had 4+ years ago.

I like to believe BFLMike has his hand on our shoulders, patting us along our way - as well as the odd finger shake at us too.

(ok one more time....) See you two here is just priceless. Happy northern here. :D

• Ray!

Just remember that he wouldn't be disappointed IN you.  Mike would be disappointed FOR you, and cheering you on the whole way, just as we'll be.  We know you can do this.  Do you?

Jess

• YES YES YES YES

• I miss Mike too.  He was so generous with his time and no-nonsense advice.  I miss reading about his walks with Milly The Dog, too.  I think about him a lot and he contributed so much for people in the program.  God bless you, Mike (he even persuaded me to eat peach yogurt and tunafish, ...haha)..