Question

• I have been on the program for 3 weeks. My first week I lost 5lbs and then again on my second week.  But on my third week nothing. Is this normal? I was so excited to get on the scale but when I did an seen that nothing had changed it really messed with my head.  I have been pushing so hard and to not have any change kind of let me down.  

• Yes, very normal.  5 pounds is a lot of weight to lose in one week.  Remember, this isn't the Biggest Loser!  Losing 5 pounds in consecutive weeks is really impressive.  I'm actually surprised you didn't gain a couple of pounds in your 3rd week.  Stay the course, your results will pick up again, although a good week moving forward will more than likely be 2 pounds, maybe 3.

Keep up the great work!

• Thank You DaveND!! I wasn't sure.  Hopefully my results will pick up again. It just makes me feel great when I see the numbers drop.  Thank you again!!

• Keep a Positive mindset

DaveND  is Correct  great job

• Greetings and do stay positive, remember while you are losing body fat that you are also gaining muscle weight and that weighs more than the fat so keep that in mind. Don't let the scale discourage you. How are you older clothes fitting you now and what does the mirror tell you when you look at your overall picture?  Keep Moving Forward.

• True, I did drop a size in clothes, and now that I'm on my 4th week I will take a picture to see of any changes that I haven't notice. Thank you all for all the positive words and thoughts. The mirror and the scale have always been my enemy and that is why I started the challenge. I want change for the better!

• My best advice... forget the scale!  The mind is incredible and it can either aid you in your journey or stop you dead in your tracks.  If you truly feel the need to use a scale, I suggest writing out the number of pounds that you INTEND to lose on a piece of paper and then tape it over the numbers on your scale.

Five pounds in the first week should not be looked upon as great gains, but rather just a number.  The first week or so you will be losing 'water weight' in addition to some fat, but it's the water weight that usually accounts for the larger numbers.

Remain positive!  Do not become discouraged if you cheat more than once a week or miss a workout!  Continue to move, drink plenty of water and get plenty of rest and results are guaranteed!

Stick with your plan, and then become an inspiration to others!

2011 Men's Body-for-LIFE Champion "endure... inspire... body for life!"

• I agree with everybody. It's very normal. There are so many things that can affect weight including water retention. Remember, you also gaining muscle which ways more than fat. Almost no one experiences a complete downward slide to what ever their final weight at the end 12-weeks ends up being. It is more of stock market ticker that has an overall downward trend.

Keep it up! You are doing great!