Starting Today. Suffering from Arthritis

• Hello all,

Starting today...on the way to the gym. Suffering from arthritis, but hopefully my new life will ease the pain that I suffer daily. Could use all the support on this quest. 

If anyone else has this condition please provide some help on how to deal with pain while on the quest.

• Hi Erwin,

I also suffer from Rheumatoid ARthritis in my ankles, knees and wrists.  I have always been able to be quite active, but noticed the other day that my knees were quite sore after a long run.  I also have restrictions on my shoulder, but have made accommodations for some of the weights and done what I can.  If you're able, I'd still encourage you to keep trying and do the best you can!  

• Erwin -

Lifting weights with Rheumatoid Arthritis can be painful at first but I found a regular lifting routine and improved diet really helped my arthritis. I  have it in my wrists/thumbs  so I used wrist wrap gloves. Other than that - I just worked through the discomfort. I rarely have symptoms now.  It really doesn't matter how many reps you do as long as you start and keep at it. You will eventually get there. I would really recommend a very clean diet - little  or no processed food. Basically  - if you wouldn't feed it to a small child - don't eat it. Sounds like you have the right mindset. Stay positive and focused. You will never regret it!

Carolyn Aragon

Body-for-LIFE Champion 2012, Women 46+