Is giving BFL book & journal an ok b'day gift for a friend you really want to help?

• Hi Crawfishy,

I'll keep that in mind! ;)

Live   Love   Lift!

Dee :)

• I was kind of in a similar situation as you and sort of still am.  I used to work with a very nice co-worker that has some major health problems.  We would talk a lot and became friends.  His health always concerned me.  It is so bad that walking down the hall will make him out of breath.  I always wanted to do something for him, but never knew how to approach it.  He is about 65 and I am afraid for him, but at the same time, he is sensitive about anyone trying to encourage him to be healthier.  Like someone else said, I think I would talk to her and tell her how you feel about the program and see if that got her interested and offer to give her my book.  I always feel like if I approach the issue, it will feel too much like intervention or something (Not that my ex-coworker couldn't use some intervention).  Because of this, I have always been a little subtle so far.  I may have to change my tactic

• Thank you landagen!

But... Any conversation we have had about diet & fitness in the past has always gone with her telling me she does exercise and she only eats bad when she is on the road with me during work. So who am I to challenge what she does at home. So instead of going that route I still think giving her the 3 books with a heartfelt letter is the way to go. She loves to read, she is a letter writer, she loves to be organized, so I think she will love the journal. I just want to show her a better way that yields results and hopefully in this case words and pictures will be the inspiration she has been looking for!

I appreciate your thoughts and you could be right and I could be about to make a mistake but I hope not. I think I'm going to go with my instincts here.  

Live   Love   Lift!

• SHE LOVED IT! She has a 3 week trip to North Carolina, will bring the books and read them and says she plans to start when she gets back! I'm here if she needs me but I'm not going to push her!

Live   Love   Lift!

• Yeay!