Anxiety!!! Huge Changes on the Horizon :)

• Gaaahhh!!! I have been trying to figure out for over an hour why my anxiety is THROUGH THE ROOF today. I finally realized that as our start date approaches (December 31st),  I am realizing that there is no looking back from where I am now. Body for Life is the only option to help me live the lifestyle I desire and to reach my physical and mental goals.

I have started and stopped about a million challenges in the past but this time is different. I feel it, it's just below the surface. Big changes are coming down and I have to wrap my mind around letting go of the old habits and behaviors that I used to protect my feelings and emotions.

We are stocked and ready to roll now, just need to take photos and measurements. I have never felt so determined to complete a challenge in my life as I am at this time. Why do we humans tend to hang on to what we find familiar and safe when we know in our hearts that what is coming up will be so much better?

I sort of think of it like this....I know that when I pass from this world that I want to go to Heaven with all of my heart. However, the dying process is terrifying. As scary as it seems...the old me has to pass away before the new me can emerge and flourish. Ahhhh, I feel better now.

Listen up, Old Me....there's a NEW sheriff in town, Baby! Packs your bags and don't forget ANYTHING...you won't be coming back.

In Light and Love,

MaryKate

• I am starting my challenge in the morning, you spoke the words I have been holding in! Have you been showing the challenge who is boss? :)

• "Why do we hang on to what we find familiar and safe when we know in our hearts that what is coming will be so much better?" This question is so profound. I can tell you that what was familiar and safe for me started to feel like a recurring nightmare and I was ready to do anything different. The old life style had to stop making me feel like it was somehow working. And I knew in my mind what to do, but not in m heart because I had never truly lived better and felt good. Once you do the program like it says, you will feel better than you ever did in the old lifestyle. You will truly know in your heart and that makes you cringe towards the old way instead of longing for a rendevouz with it. Your post describes my current feelings, thank you for being candid and positive!