That's it.

• I've had this book for a long time, and today I have passed my breaking point of unhappiness with my body and mind. 

I used to be in great shape.  Marine Corps body and sharp as a blade. 

Now I'm extremely overweight and having blood pressure and back problems, all due to being fat, eating lousy, and leading a generally lethargic lifestyle.

I've recently become engaged, and she deserves better.

I've also started a new job, and I notice my lazy lifestyle creeping into my workplace.  This is not my style.

I've lately been feeling like my brain is only operating at about 70% of its capabilities.  I blame this too, on the aforementioned habits and traits, and my new employer deserves better as well.

And the kicker of it all, is my self-esteem and general self-worth.  They're below my floor paneling, and I deserve better.

I accept the challenge.

• Yaaaaaaaaay!!!!! You are starting off on the right foot. Accepting the challenge because you deserve better. We believe in you, keep posting. You WILL have your fit body again! You already know what to do, better then some of us. Just kick butt now.

SorayaRosaria

• DevilDog: Your reasoning sounds absolutely SPOT ON to me. I think you have hit the nail on the head regarding why you feel several areas of your life are not at their full potential yet.

I used to feel like this pre-Body For Life. I am 4 weeks in now, and these feelings have disappeared, replaced with confidence, a good feeling about myself, a lack of fear.

Give that challenge all you've got man. I guarantee your body WILL REMEMBER the shape it was in from your marine days (muscle memory), so I am sure you will see great results if you stick with it for 12 weeks (hopefully for life).

Good luck mate! :-)

• AWESOME.  This is a mental game, and it sounds to me that you have what it takes.  Best of luck!

• Hi there,

I have created a support group on Facebook called Body for Lifers!

I have just started the Body For Life program (8/15/12) and know I need an easily accessible support group. I would really like to have a forum where questions can be answered, encouragement given, progress celebrated and ideas generated. I know that over the next 12 weeks it will be easy to get stuck in a rut either with eating or training and having a group of fellow Body for Lifers will be invaluable!

Come join us!

Laura

• You can do this - you have done it, and can do it again.  I am like you, prior service (Army) and what I became over time, tortures me.  Well, it did.  Now 5 weeks into my 1st challenge and I feel myself again.  I am so motivated and feeling good.  My boss actually noticed today.  So kudos for recognizing the need to change, and stepping up to make it happen.

• I finally created this around midnight since i have been listening to the audio book but not taken the step

I am here and want to be in conversation with  all your folks around here to be able to cross this journey in my life.

I want to give this my 110% this time. Last time I have done for 2 weeks and gave up.

Of course, the two weeks did some good for me.. But, I dont have my BODY FOR LIFE.

• Way to go Devil Dog!  

I am the mom of 2 Devil Dogs and started the challenge to keep me occupied while the youngest is in Afghanistan.  When the older son was in Iraq I quit smoking after 30 years.  Sometimes life requires sacrifice on the home front too.  I am at the end of week 4 and felt like quitting the other day because his base was attacked and I have been sick with worry but I must continue.  

• God bless you and your sons.  Stay strong - you can do this.

• UKC Mom, my thoughts are with you.  Take good care of yourself.

• How is it going Devil Dog?