Cheat day? (posted in wrong section)

• I started my second challenge a week and a half ago and am planning to have my cheat day tomorrow.

The last time I did this challenge was over 10 yrs ago (19yrs vs 31yrs old). When I did the challenge the 1st time, I went crazy with my cheat days.

As an example, I would have french toast, 2 pieces of cheesecake factory ceesecake, icecream, and chocolate FOR BREAKFAST. That challenge went well for me and I went from 25% bodyfat at 155lbs (I'm 5'9)  to 18% body fat at 137 lbs. I don't feel like the binges once a week hurt me, but I wonder if I tone down the cheat days this time if I would do better? Maybe I should only cheat part of the day?

Since I am basically starting over  (I've gained a lot of fat back over the last 10+ years) I really want to do this right so I don't become discouraged with my results when week 12 rolls around.

Thoughts?

PS. This is my first post, and I posted it in the wrong section. Is there anyway to move this to a different category or delete the post all together? Thanks.

• Your overall results will be better if you do tone down your cheat day, but don't give it up all together at first (maybe not until the last couple of weeks if you can do it).  Perhaps just one or two items and one crazy meal would work better for you this time around and maybe try to pick healthier options during those crazy free day meals like baked potatoe unstead of fries, or a salad in place of the fries at a meal for example.  Hope this helps you out.

• No worries; these posts all end up in the main thread anyway.  You will not likely get the same results that you did back then if you have the same type of free day as you did then.  I think free days keep many of us from going crazy, knowing we can have those craved foods when Sunday rolls around.  I went crazy during most of my free days during my first challenge, but know I could have done better had I toned them down.  It's also hard for me to eat a bunch of sugar on Sunday and then go cold turkey on Monday; it's a drug for me, so the less I eat it, the better.  I am currently doing another challenge, and am limiting my indulgences on free days to a soy latte from starbucks, one dark chocolate bar & a meal that's not as clean as I typically eat during the week (tacos, spaghetti, etc...), and on some Sundays I won't even do all three of those.

Good luck!

You have to want to change more than you want to stay the same!!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"