NEED HELP ASAP PLEASE 4-29-2012

• I JUST FINISHED WEEK 2 AND I AM IN A RUTT. I HAVE NOT LOST 1 SINGLE POUND ALL WEEK LONG. I HAVE NOT DONE MUCH RESISTANCE TRAINING THIS WEEK DUE TO WANTING TO LOSE MORE POUNDS SO I HAVE BEEN DOING 30-40 MINUTES OF CARDIO EVERYDAY THINKING THIS WILL SHED SOME POUNDS.

MY RESISTANCE TRAINING IS NOT ALOT........ONLY 2 DAYS THIS PAST WEEK AND IT WASN'T MUCH THOSE 2 DAYS. ONLY THING I WORKED HARD WAS MY ABS.

WHEN I SAY I HAVEN'T LOST A POUND......I MEAN MY SCALE SAYS THE SAME THING EVERYDAY. DOWN TO THE .10th. I ALMOST THOUGHT MY SCALES WERE SCREWED UP BUT MY WIFE IS EXPERIENCING THE SAME THING. WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER. I HAVE NOT FALLEN OFF THE WAGON AT ALL EXCEPT ON MY FREE DAYS. I HAVE YET TO DEVIATE FROM THE EATING REGIMINE.
    TODAY IS MY CHEAT DAY 4-29-30 AND I AM LOOKING FOR ANSWERS SO I CAN START WEEK 3 TOMORROW 4-30-2012. PLEASE HELP
    BELOW YOU WILL FIND A SAMPLE OF A DAYS MEAL PLAN.

8am = EGG WHITES, APPLE CINNAMON OATMEAL, 16OZ WATER, 24 OZ COFFEE

11am= PROTEIN SHAKE WITH WATER

1:30pm= CHICKEN BREAST, WILD RICE, GREEN BEANS, 10oz WATER

4pm= PROTEIN SHAKE WITH WATER

6:30pm= STEAMED SHRIMP, WILD RICE, GREEN BEANS, 16oz WATER

8:30= CHICKEN BREAST, ONION, 16oz WATER

SOMETIMES MY MEALS BETWEEN 1:30 pm AND 8:30 pm ARE 1 HOUR LATER THAN SCHEDULED DUE TO MY JOB BUT ALL IN ALL THAT'S IT.......I CAN PROVIDE A WEEKS MEAL PLAN IF ANYONE NEEDS TO SEE IT TO GIVE ME ADVICE.
    PLEASE HELP ME......I AM COMMITTED AND WILL COMPLETE THIS PROGRAM. I DID THIS PROGRAM 10 YEARS AGO WITH PHENOMINAL RESULTS AND I REFUSE TO NOT BE SUCCESSFUL THIS TIME.  LAST TIME I DID THIS PROGRAM I WAS 27 YEARS OLD AND NOW I'M 37 YEARS OLD. I AM WONDERING IF THAT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH MY PLATEAU? I TRUST SOMEBODY HERE CAN HELP ME AND GUIDE ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.
    I AM ALSO AVAILABLE TO SPEAK VIA TELEPHONE AT 843-222-5041 FOR ANYONE WHO HAS ADVICE AND DON'T FEEL LIKE TYPING. MY NAME IS GLENN.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP AND ENCOURAGEMENT.

GLENN ALLEN

• THROW THE SCALE IN THE TRASH!!! This is something that is usually very difficult for those starting out because society has brainwashed us into being focused always on a number. You may go the entire 12 2weeks without losing a single pound on the scale but I guarantee that if you work the program....your entire body will be smaller and tighter. Right now your body is working very hard to rid itself of fat and replace it with lean, healthy, strong muscle. If I told you that you can have a body lie______(insert whatever manly image you choose), would you CARE how much the scale read? POPPYCOCK!! lol Throw that lying piece of metal into the garbage....or at the very least, only weight yourself at weeks 4, 8, and of course 12.

We are all here for the both of you and we are all in this thing together, brother. :D

• I agree with wildcherry... TOSS THE SCALE!  Focus more on changes you see in the mirror, how your clothes feel and how you feel.  I have heard that you see the biggest changes after week 5, so hang in there.  Sounds like you are doing all the right stuff!  Good luck!

• THANKS MK........THE FIRST TIME I DID THE CHALLENGE I REALLY DIDN'T NEED TO LOSE  WEIGHT JUST NEEDED TO TONE UP BUT I LOST 30 POUNDS. I DO UNDERSTAND NOT USING THE SCALE FROM MY FIRST CHALLENGE BUT I NEED A LITTLE MOTIVATION........I NEED TO LOSE SOME POUNDS AS WELL AS TONE UP.......I KNOW B-F-L WILL HELP ME TONE BUT I FIGURED WHAT BETTER WAY TO SHED SOME POUNDS AS WELL AS TONE UP ALL AT THE SAME TIME.......I SAW DRASTIC RESULT REALLY FAST MY FIRST CHALLENGE. THIS TIME (I know I'm only going into my third week) MY RESULTS AREN'T COMING AS FAST. HONESTLY I WANT TO SHED 30-40 POUNDS AND TONE UP TOO.

I KNOW THE SCALE IS MY WORST ENEMY BUT I SAW GREAT RESULTS MY VERY FIRST WEEK WITH SIGNIFICANT WEIGHT LOSS. I KNOW THAT WAS PROBABLY MY BODY PURGING ALL THE JUNK OUT OF IT. LOL

THANKS SOOOOOO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND ADVICE.

ALL ADVICE AND SUPPORT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED AND TAKEN VERY SERIOUSLY. I WILL SUCCEED AT THIS CHALLENGE JUST WANT ADVICE TO SEE MAXIMUM RESULTS. I NEED TO SHED SOME POUNDS TOO.

• THANK YOU DOBEGIRL......THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE ADVICE.

I DO FEEL SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER BUT........MY CLOTHES ARE STILL FITTING THE SAME WAY AFTER 3 WEEKS......I THOUGHT CARDIO WOULD TAKE CARE OF THAT......THATS WHY I MODIFIED THE WORKOUT ROUTINES TO INCLUDE MORE THAN ENOUGH CARDIO AND A LITTLE LESS STRENGTH TRAINING. BUT I HAVE YET TO SEE ANY DIFFERENCE. I KNOW WE ARE OUR OWN WORST CRITICS BUT.......I COULD ACTUALLY SEE SOME RESULTS AFTER A COUPLE OF WEEKS  LAST CHALLENGE, THAT'S WHAT MAKES ME WONDER IF MY AGE HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE SLOW PROGRESSION.

ANYWAY ENOUGH OF ME RAMBLING.....THANKS AGAIN FOR THE ADVICE AND PLEASE FOLKS......KEEP THE ADVICE AND SUPPORT/MOTIVATION COMING......WE GREATLY APPRECIATE IT.

GLENN

• Also, I would suggest doing the resistance training as the program dictates, as hard as you can.  While you are burning fat you will not "bulk up" because muscle takes up far less room than fat does.  However, building up muscle will make your metabolism speed up, so you will lose more weight on the same amount of food if you increase your lean muscle mass.

And don't worry.  You didn't get this way overnight, so you won't get fit overnight either.  Keep on keeping on, and it will come.

• THANK YOU FAITHRAINBOW.......WILL DO THAT.

• Gwizz hang in there and listen to the advice from every one that has answered you. I am starting week three and i have not weighed myself yet (to scared to). Train hard on the weights this will help you loose the weight more than the cardio.

Good luck and stay focused.

Jonny V

• THANKS JONNY V. I APPRECIATE THE ADVICE

• Im in week 2 of Challenge 2..and have not weighed myself once hahha...I wont..I refuse and my sister yells at me daily about it lol.  My clothes have been telling me whats going on (3 pants sizes 1 almost 2 shirt sizes) as well as the mirror.  I need about 3 challenges to get to my goal and I knew this starting out.  I am just happy and proud of myself for sticking to it and making it to part 2 of my goal and you should be too...3 weeks in for you and with the support of the people on the forum alone, you will finish 12 weeks looking and feeling wonderful

Best of luck to you!!!!

Jodi

• You guys are so great! Love my BodyforLife family! :D:D

• OK dude- this may seem a bit harsh, but if the program was called Losing Weight Real Quickly then the workout program would be a bit different. However, it is called Body For LIFE,and calls for a specific type and length of exercise to acheive maximum , lasting results. Why are you fighting it? Just do what is indicated for the day, and the next day, and the next day, etc.  I am in total agreement with dobegirl- toss the scale!

It sounds like this is not your first challenge. Didn't you get some good results the first time around? Do you really think you are in the position to alter the challenge? Do it like it is written.

Let's Go!

• Gwizz,

Do the resistance training as per the book. The building of muscle will rev up your metabolism. If you are doing nothing but cardio, your metabolism may slow down. I've been there, so I know. My work hours were crazy at one time and I only had a stationary bike and some dumbells at home, so my workouts were mostly cardio. And like everyone else says, don't use the scale as your measuring stick, because muscle weighs more than fat. Use your clothes or measuring yourself to track your progress.

Come visit my blog!

http://fittrac.blogspot.com

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you'll be right!

• that's a great way to put it BobbyA.....  I think lots of people (definitely myself included) are looking for results in a day.   It is a LIFE change.  It takes time.... just gotta learn to be patient and work hard!

• The scale is not your friend.  I never missed a workout or cardio session - ate exactly like  the BFL book - and at the end of 2 weeks - I hid my scale.  At the end of four weeks - I had lost pounds but more importantly inches.  Do it by the book - no more no less. 20 minutes of cardio - do the workouts. Portion out your food - you will be great!  Everyone is behind you!

Dee