January 9ers, C2, and April 9ers C1, let's start this new thread!

• Hi guys, been a long time since I've checked in - but I've been keeping tabs on your emails. I certainly have not held tight to this challenge like I did on our #1 with the original 9'ers group, BUT I'm happy to say I think I really have made a change for life. Like Perth said  "Never before have I been this conscious of what I feed my body and how it makes me feel afterwards. " I eat much cleaner everyday, I try and get some kind of exercise each day, it's not always the full weights workout I need, but the fact that I'm still conscious of getting "something" in surprises me! I'm still hoping to meet my goal for CH2, but these last 1-2 lbs are hangin' on. If I make it next week, I will be down 20 lbs from Jan 9th! Most of my pants I can pull off with out undoing them - but I'm determined to get down one more size before new clothes are on the docket.

Run - WOW! A week long bike trip with your daughter! YOU ROCK! I wish I could be there to slap you around a little for slapping yourself over a bad food day!  (but I also know a little confession is good for the soul - you are safe here.) You are such an inspiration for us all. You can join the ranks of Frick, guys who have truly made a awesome change for themselves. I love hearing from you guys!  Frick - still can't wait to see pictures of the pool!

Keep tough to the finish everyone!!

Sherene

• BobbyA I agree, I too am in it for the long haul. will definitely be checking in here.

Frick thanks for helping me feel better about myself when I slide. It seems the closer I get to my body goal...the more I want it and that  I kick myself when I back slide.

Perth I am going right into C3 this coming week for with the bike ride and the week before I have been on active rest for approximately 2 weeks. Would love it if we continued the 9ers thread or if not if we merged with the Warriors. Like Bobby said there are 5-10folks there that are pretty consistent posters. I am good either way.

Have a great rest of the week. Tomorrow 93 degrees and I will be biking 45 mile to the east shore tomorrow.Today was 47 miles and 99degrees. We rode faster than we had all week.Amazing what a little heat can do!

I am not going to tell you that it will be easy ... I am going to tell you that it will be worth it!

• Ask - did't mean to leave you out. Great job, great progress!!!!

I am not going to tell you that it will be easy ... I am going to tell you that it will be worth it!

• Make that ssm  (darn smart phone auto correct!)- didn't mean to leave you out. Great job, great progress!!!!

Back from a cross Michigan bike ride.

Last day, snapped my rear derailleur off the frame with 20 miles to go. My wife brought out my mountain bike to finish. A passenger in a Blazer chucked an empty bottle at my teenage bottle 17 miles out from the finish. Missed her, hit her tire...and the next thing I knew we were off. She slapped the bike into the highest gear and we were cruising at 20 mph for the next 20 miles. My mountain bike can hit that speed but is not built to sustain that speed. So for the next 17 miles, in 91 degree heat, I thought I was going into cardiac arrest. My daughter just wanted to finish fast and get off the road. It did set a new personal best cruising speed for her. Amazing what a little motivation can do for the soul. As for me when I met my wife at Lake Saint Clair and collapsed in her arms…well not really as sweaty as I was I doubt that she would try to catch me ;-)

So our second West to East cross Michigan bike ride is in the books. My daughter told me to be sure and sign her up for next year. This fall is the longer, harder South to North Michigan to the  UP to the Canadan border DALMAC ride.

Time to get the road bike fixed and to get some serious training under my belt. At least 75 miles per day for five days.

Oh the pain of it all.

Be strong 9ers and enjoy the weekend!

• Awesome for you run4life!  and what great memories you are creating there with your daughter as well. :)  

Continuing on with the workouts.  Got over the hump with my week of draggin' and being so darn tired.  I did really well this week with the workouts and adding more weight as I go.  UBWO this morning and tomorrow I will go to Bodypump class in the am.  I have been doing a little hot tubbing after weight workouts and hit the sauna right after that.  I find that my muscles tend to be less sore the next day. Plus, it is soooo relaxing.  Now, if they would just allow a little wine..hmm   Anyway!  have a great weekend everyone!  

Mosher

~Nothing changes until SOMETHING changes~

• Awesome Mosher -

Keep it strong and it sounds like you are really moving forward even thought at times the energy level might be low. Bodypump really looks like it can kick yo and I find it interesting that a hot tube and sauna can treat you with some TLC to help reset you for the next day.

• OK, my challenge is almost done.  Congrats on all of you that finished this challenge.

I still have 16 cuyd of topsoil and 6 pallets of sod to lay, but at least I have a place to cool off now.

Here are the pix I promised.

• Checking in!  

Beautiful work, Frick!  WOW!!  

This week has just been a weird week with the 4th hitting right in the middle.  Gym closed early so I did some UBWO here at home today.  Yesterday was a no go but Monday I did do LBWO and cardio.  Tomorrow, Bodypump and PIYO!  I am hoping work doesn't mess me up this time and I miss it like last time. grrrr!!  Hope you are all keeping with it!  Shouldn't it just a habit by now??  :)  I think we need to start a new thread!  Happy 4th everyone!!

• Hey Frick ... amazing job on the backyard resort style pool. I know it sounds like you have a little bit of landscaping yet to do, but this is really amazing. Like everything you seem to do, you knocked it right out of the park. Great job.

Love the design. I know you are still going strong on the body side of life. If I remember right you have acheived your goals now it is just maintaining that buff look.

Mosher it sounds like you are still going strong and I think Tonja is cranking it up as well.

Ssm is the only other recent post so I hope Sherene you are doing well. The other 9ers hopefully have met their goals and are just silent or some might have fallen off. I hope not.

Other than us it has been quiet on the 9ers thread. I know some of us are also posting on the The Coffee Crew. That is also a little bit quiet now as well. I wonder if it makes sense to merge over to that thread, like here there are some great people there. I have been over there for a while but will check in here as well for a while to see who else is around. If is is just Frick and Mosher and Tonja, then I would ask if you want to slide over…or anyone else for that matter…right!?!

Workout wise for me I have merged right in to C3 as my C2 last two weeks was active rest so I am on week 1 of C3 .

Will see you later on line…be great 9ers.

• Good afternoon,

I am still here too... chugging away, but not completely faithful on the nutrion side just got back from vacation at the lake.  Congrats on all 9ers that finished - GRREAAT job!  On our way back yesterday, I am thinking of doing another challenge starting next week which is July 9th!  Let me know if you guys switch to another thread or start another 9ers thread!  I learned a new trick over vacation aka each family had to cook one night & I chose a baked potato bar or fix your own the way you like it.  You can actually bake potatoes in the crockpot wrap in foil & high for 4 hours.  So, we went boating all day & dinner was practically ready when we got back.  I know pototoes are on the plan, but my toppings were not, but grilled chicken & veggies are.  

Congrats and keep BFL going!

Need to work on my goals for the next one & change my cardio plan - swimming, biking & treadmill

Mosh, great job & the gym life fits you well.

Run, way to go on the bike ride across Michigan with your daughter.

Frick, I need you to help my husband start on our house!

Pert,?? how are you?

Tonja

• Hi All- It has been an amazing 12 weeks...thanks to you for being there and posting and encouraging and kicking a** when needed! I posted before/after pics on my profile- sorry about the quality but you can see the gist of the challenge for me!

I have taken this week off so far... had the 24 hr flu on the 4th, what a joy! Will be back in the gym soon. I plan on continuing to exercise during the summer and start up with another challenge at the end of August.

See you around the blogs!

BobbyA

• Hi all still here. Frick, the pool looks awesome! Wow. Really amazing!  Great job, run, on the bike ride.  Ssm, tonja and bobby- you're doing great. Thanks for all the wonderful posts!

Ive had a week off, well more like two really. Winter here is bringing out all the nasties. Last week, my daughter was ill, this week, it's me. It is nice to have a break now and then.  I'll start another 12 weeks on Monday. I really didn't give the nutrition side 100% and while I am a lot stronger than when I started, I still have fat over that hard earned muscle and it just doesn't show as much as I want. So, I've  actually created a vision board, with Very specific goals and rules to keep me on track. Cheat days are out. It's just too tempting and will focus on a clean cheat meal. Yes, I know this is what everyone has been saying, but I'm stubborn when it comes to giving up indulgences. It's time to reach my goals.. no more excuses. My husband and I are thinking about trying for another baby and I'm determined to start off at an appropriate weight and have a super healthy pregnancy (fingers crossed). I also have a trip (mommy's only) to Bali scheduled with a couple of girlfriends in november and I think it's a great way to celebrate success. That's right. No more excuses. I think it will take me about 16 weeks to get to my goal. I can do it!

With that said, I'm in for the new thread, so let me know where everyone will be.

Congratulations everyone.

• My target date was the 4th of July, end of challenge two. I was 1/10th of a lb away from seeing the number on the scales I was hoping for (even blow dried my hair after taking a shower, hoping to evaporate that much water away... alas). I'll be taking a little break for the rest of the summer, then back at it for ch3 in a few weeks. I've seen great progress, but still only half way to were I want to be.

Frick - all I can say is WOW!! I never thought you were doing anything outside a square box.... so, WOW!! Now we know the real story, no wonder you are keepin' in such great shape.

Run4 - Keep on being such a great inspiration for us all! You rock all the way!

Tonja, Mosher, Bobby and Perth and any others who are still out there - Thanks for taking the time to keep us all motivated - even if WE haven't taken the time to post much this challenge. I admire your dedication!

Remember - Body for LIFE, not Body for 12 weeks!

Carry on gang!        Sherene

• Sherene awsome job on achieveing youor goals. I think if you exhale while you are on the scale you are  there!!! Enjoy the summer and I hope to see you around online. All the best for now.

-Jeff

• Great to see some peeps checking in and giving some updates :)  Everyone should be proud of themselves!  I have been continuing on with the workouts.  Thinking about 5-25 but I am pretty set in the BFL routine, so I don't know.  I am just trying to add more weight at this point.  Did some dead lifts yestserday and boy am I sore today..yikes.  I mowed the lawn this afternoon and then went to the gym to walk on the treadmill to try and walk out some of this soreness.  My goal?  to get out of bed in the morning without moaning..lol!  

Well, if the Coffee Crew thread is more lively, why don't we head over there??