January 9ers, C2, and April 9ers C1, let's start this new thread!

• Tonja - where again did you pick  up the Hook Gloves.  I think I might be interested in some as well. I am glad that they are working well for you and I know that Frick swears by them!

Last night I planked (is that even a word) a 5+ minute plank. My planking form I think was not exact and after 4 minutes my upper legs were really shacking (Sort of like my first car when I had to push it really hard to accelerate onto the freeway ;-O ). So, now I think I have to work on the form for I do not really consider it a success since I noticed my behind was higher than my head. I think that occurred when my daughter told me to reach for the stars...my behind must have thought she was talking to it!

So, I know I can do a 5 minute plank. When I started ths I did not even think I could get half way there! Now I want to see if I can get perfect form while doing one. So, I have not considered it a completed goal yet...but I think I am close to being able to check this box complete.

Rock on 9ers!

I am not going to tell you that it will be easy ... I am going to tell you that it will be worth it!

• Run,

I got my hook gloves at Sports Authority $15+/-.  Way to go on the plank and I am sure you will be able to check your complete box soon too.

Tonja

• Good afternoon 9ers,

I am sooo sore today!?! Excited & surprised...I don't know if it is the TRX class or the hook gloves letting me add more weight to my LBWO.  I have an office upstairs and I have no idea how many times I go up & down them, but today ... I have had enough.  I'm trying to decide cardio or take the kids to the pool tonight?  I am thinking the pool is winning.  Have a good day all & back into being hungry all the time again.  Grrr.

Tonja

• @run: awesome job on the plank. before I took my break last week, I went to 3 minutes, but when I tried again this week, I could only muster 2:45. I'm so impressed with your plank!

@tonja: it sounds like you're doing great. I've been very strict on my food this week and I've been hungry all the time too. I think I was deluding myself that I could skip hunger and still lose weight.

I've turned a corner this week. I realized that I was doing exactly what I've always done. I'm great with the exercise, but always fall short on the nutrition side. I've been super strict this week. However, I have to let you in on a little secret. I realized that I need a bit of help on the nutrition side, so I enlisted the help of Michelle nazaroff who is known for her fitness achievements in Australia. Anyway, I've given her all of my information, including my body for life training program and she's given me exactly what I need to eat at the six meals for a two day rotation. This includes a free day too and I'm to keep up with my body for life training program. However, she reiterated what bill phillips says that morning cardio before meal 1 will help me achieve my results faster. I guess i cant ignore that fact any longer and im quite surprised this week by how easily, with a few changes to my morning routine, that I'm able to slot it in. I dont consider this a departure from the bfl program, but instead a supplement to it, because she's taking the guesswork out of the nutrition side for me.  I'm on a 1400 calorie meal plan and should reach my goals by October. I'm hungry, but hope to see some changes on the scale soon.

Keep up the great work everyone.

• Tonja - sounds like TRX and the hooks are working you hard...that has to be a great feeling!!!

Perth awesome job on getting the nutrition under control. That is my biggest workout. Hey I wonder if your friend does international help!!!

Perth I bet you are closer to the 5 minute plank than you think.

I jumped it from 3:30 to five.

I just was tied of not hitting any goals lately so I wanted one and said to myself I am going to push and will not fail.

Toward the end it was not pretty and it was not fun but I held it.

I think after 4:00 minutes it is all mental in not letting yourself cave in until the five minute mark.

Hey I gotta be honest, this except for the plank, has been rough for me with motivation. Lots going on and I have little time except eat sleep and work...I have to reprioritize for I have missed 4 workouts including tonight’s. So...someone (meaning me) kick myself in the behind. I think I will end up adding 2 weeks on to our official end. One for this week and one for week 11 where I will be doing a cross Michigan bike ride all week . So I will not have chance to do LBWO (unless I find a spot at night and then just do body résistance).

Anyway keep going strong we are really getting close and it sounds like some of our goals are just right around the corner!!!

I am not going to tell you that it will be easy ... I am going to tell you that it will be worth it!

• Ending week nine with a new club membership at a local gym!  WOOT WOOT!  I made a deal with myself in the beginning that if I went 8 weeks straight and remained dedicated, I would get a membership which I did this week.  LBWO yesterday and tonight I joined the PIYO class pilates/yoga mix.  It was great!  Tomorrow is my rest day then Saturday UBWO and I am going to the Bodypump class which looks like a great workout.  :)

Sounds like everyone is doing great!  Good job on that plank, Run4life!

~Nothing changes until SOMETHING changes~

• Mosher - great job staying dedicated!!! and excellent reward... I would have probably chosen a whole cheese cake as a reward, LOL.

Hey, you being pure on the workouts have motivated me to be stronger with mine so I can finish strong. It has been a little bit of a struggle for me this past week or so.

Have fun at Bodypump...work it strong group!!!

• Good morning all,

Yes, still sore today, but the steps are easier this morning!  UBWO done and used the hook gloves for back - I will see how sore I will be tomorrow.  

Perth, way to go & email me anything about nutrition you can.....especially if it makes it easier.  I am doing better than previously, but it can always be cleaner!  My brother who is really overweight decided to do something & he went to a diet center and has lost amazing weight by just eating nothing processed.  He has lost 27lbs in 3 weeks, but needs to lose about 25lbs more before adding exercise (health issues) which his doctor recommended.  I am very proud of him and can't wait to see him working out again - he will be a new person!

Run, kick your self and get back to it!  I call this SUMMER phase...way too many other things to do with your time.  It was easier for me during the winter to do the challenge too.  I am making myself get up to workout now & get it done 1st, but getting to bed early is my issue now.  By day 3 of early am, I need  little more sleep, but it is nice to know right now that I am done for the day.

Mosher, I have not done the Bodypump, my old gym had it and it was HUGE there.  Yoga/pilates mix sounds interesting and may have to see if the Y offers this - it is 2 things that I am horrible at balance & flexability.  I should make it one of my goals on my next challenge to focus on - I hate mirrors too (I look like a goof).  Congrats on 8 weeks straight too - this was a mile stone for me.

Have a good weekend,

Tonja

• ...my work here is done...

You guys are doing awesome!

Run - I gave a coworker grief yesterday about planking.  gonna try it when I get home, so if i understand it, you change positions after every few seconds, right?  She was walking around like a 90 yo, lol

glad to hear the hooks are owrking out for all.  I brough mine to the hotel this week and did 2 5/25's

perth - sometimes it helps to get guidance like that.  good job!

mosh - glad to see you are taking it to the next level.  good reward.  get your money's worth, is all I'm sayin on that...

I have been on the road all week, so again, workouts good, food good exept for last night and today.  My day off. drank too much and didn't work out.  All in all I am pleased w/ where I am and am shooting for an 8 pack by Aug 6th.  Really in a happy place right now.

still have some pavers to place this weekend.  Week 7 of a 4 week project (according to the pool guy....

• Frick - glad to hear ya ... was starting to worry all was not well.

By you saying work is done are you saying you are now posting from the hot tub or pool?!? I hope so ;-)

Planking ... there are two ways...one is a mix up of positions and the other is a pure static plank.

I did the static plank for five minutes...though I have to admit that I rocked on my arms (an adjustment) a couple times to get them repositioned under me and there was a time or two when I slid my bucket up in the air to adjust my legs ... but short of that it was static...at least that was my attempt and image of what was going one. I think though my back end was a little higher than it should have been toward the end when my legs were shaking (sort of like my first car when I really hit the gas to get it onto the freeway ;-).

Here check this out:

physicalliving.com/the-5-minute-plank-for-core-strength-stability-and-rock-hard-abs

Planking has definitely tightened up my mid-section even more. Now if I can just get the bubble wrap off them!

I have also been doing Burpees and that is working the whole body. I am noticing that Burpees are working my biceps differently than my lifts ... other parts of the biceps are getting bigger (and I say that loosely - it is all relative, right, and I think ants have bigger bicep than me currently).

I do need to do more research on the lifting side and be more pure on the eating side. I am still dropping weight though on a plateau for about three weeks now. It happened at this same point as well on C1. I hope to re-dedicate myself for the remainder and get it back on track. Tonja is right, it is the Summer affect and I think the C2 doldrums. Gotta Get Dedicated!!!

Anyway, hope you are enjoying the pool Frick and that the lifting is going well and that you are keeping your great %BF low like you posted...

Tonja sounds like you worked yourself into a good case of the DOMS as it should be right ;-) now that is dedication…I am jealous lol. OK, I’ll try to earn some over the weekend! That would be a good trophy for re-dedication!

Keep it going and thanks for kicking me in the B-U-T2 ... I really needed a shaking ,,, appreciated it 100%.

Keep it strong 9ers and I will talk with you at the start of Week 9 … whoo! Whoo!

• The start of Week 9 already??!! So good to see all of you posting now and hear of your successes. This program does work wonders if we just keep at it and at it and at it!

Wow- three weeks to go...and then the rest of our lives to keep it going!!

• @Tonja, here is a link to PIYO to give you an idea of what it is about.  

www.youtube.com/watch

I know for me personally, I really have enjoyed yoga which I am relatively new to since last fall.  Definitely has helped in not only flexibilty but strength and toning.  Plus, it is a good mind relaxer :)  And yes, those dreaded mirrors.  I tend to be a bit dyslexic so watching myself kind of messes me up!  :Þ

@Perth, good job for being proactive in the nutrition department, sounds like you are definitely on the right path.  I hope you post more about it and how it is working for you.

@Frick, YES, I do plan to get my money's worth.  I had to lock into a one year contract so there is no turning back now!

@Run4life, Nice video on planking.  We did some planking at the PIYO class with similar positioning.  Definitely works those abs!  Keep it up!  :)

Was kind of at a stand still for the past couple weeks on measurements/weight but this morning I measured and I have lost another inch off my waist which makes it a total of 4 inches!  YESSSSS!  Now is a good time to pump it up because I feel I am at one of those transitioning stages where I will go on a losing streak which is typically my pattern then I will level out again. Gotta take advantage of "those" times.  

Tomorrow is Bodypump!  Can't wait to give it a go, hopefully it won't kill me   :)

Get up and get MOVING!!!!

• Way to go Mosher on the inches coming off.

I agree now is the time to put it into over drive.

I am back on...and we can bring it strong of the next three weeks.

PLYO looks intense like it would really get your heart pounding.

Keep it strong.

• Oh man, what a great workout doing Bodypump!  I KNOW I am going to be sore tomorrow.  

Here's a video of what it is about.  I really believe it is important to trade up and do new workouts so you don't get bored plus working those muscles in a "different" way is always good.  I admit, I get a little bored  doing the same ol' thing over and over.  This will be a good class to do once a week along with PIYO to keep the motivation high :)

www.youtube.com/watch

@run4life, glad you are back on!!  Hit it hard!  

• Mosher, I checked out the video. That looks like it would get you crying pretty quick.

Is it working for you?

How do you classify it? LBWO, UBWO Cardiio...it looks like it is all that in one.

If you are doing BFL (or some tweak to it...how are you fitting that in)...just cruious.

Finally, I lost track ... you going to a gym for this or are you flying solo.

Thanks and it looks awesome so I hope you are OWNING IT!!!...I am sure that you are!