50+ and determined...

• Group.

Looks all are goingvstrong...I am on week 2 and doing well with the exercise program. One thing I did notice this week is that my energy level is down a little bit...perhaps not enough sleep...perhaps not the right eating mixture...not sure which but I guess I gotta be diligent on both...hopefully it will come back.

Keep going strong group...jealous of those starting week 3...a week ahead of myself...but as Solidrocker noted above it is FOR LIFE so I am trying not to think of it now as a program...but rather a life style change...just cannot wait to meet my goal and then go on a maintenance approach.

Hope you get back on your feet soon Solidrocker...and for the rest ...keeping leading the way in week 3.

I am not going to tell you that it will be easy ... I am going to tell you that it will be worth it!

• Your energy will come back.  I notice that for me my mood really makes a difference on my energy level.  It makes it a challenge.  Hope this forum will keep you going till the energy spikes up again.

• Thanks Stephon!

I am one of those "all or nothing" thinkers.  I'm really working on that.  I appreciated the reminder.  I've got a vacation coming up in a couple of weeks and I've got to remember that just in case.

Hope your feeling better!

Karen

• @ accessingchange....I gotta believe that the energy will return...and I agree that I cannot let this derail me. It is not debilitating...just makes me slosh through the day in a fog. Just hearing others say ' this too will pass' is helpful and you are right I just need to take on the right attitude for this... that will get me 90% of the way through it.

Thanks

I am not going to tell you that it will be easy ... I am going to tell you that it will be worth it!

• run4life,

The energy loss is just your body fighting the changes your trying to make. Keep going and by week three you will feel better. I was in a daze for the first week so I started trying to get 8 hrs of sleep as much as possible. That along with my body coming on line with the diet helped. Never say die

Eagle

• HAPPY WEDNESDAY WEEK 3!

run4life - Hang in there and press forward, your energy will return.  Your body was accustomed to fueling itself off processed carbs and sugars.  When you started to eat clean, your body has to make a transition to accessing bodyfat for fuel, along with complex carbs and protein - This is initially confusing to your system, so you don't have much energy.   But God designed our bodies to adapt quickly, so you should only have to put up with that feeling for a week or so.  I remember it well, and once my body started running on all cylinders again with the right fuel source, I felt better than ever.  In fact, once your body makes the change, you'll get that "fatigue" feeling whenever you go back to the OLD foods on free day (check me on this, and see if it's not true!).

Welcome Soaring Eagle - Young at heart is the only way to go!

Blessings <><

Stephon

• Check this out....one day at a time, one workout at a time, one meal at a time.  21 days to make or break a habit don't they say?  Let's let these habits be fore life BFLers!

I love checking/highlighting things off my to do list, that's what this sort of is....checking it off one day at a time.  Great day!

Long weekend with volleyball, getting in at 2 am Sunday.  Missed Monday workout; 4:45 a.m. came and all I wanted to do was sleep; made me feel bad all day; however, on Tuesday I did UBWO and Cardio and caught up what I had missed.  I'm back in the game :)

Thanks a MILLION for all your supportive posts...I am focusing on one that said sometimes your biggest results aren't until week 10...it's the dangling carrot.  Although I do see changes, I'm holding out for the bigger ones!   

Accesssingchange, love the Quote:  You can either have the pain of regret or the pain of discipline!

Make it a GREAT day!  God Bless! 

WenFit 2012

• @Wenfit Wow that does look exciting and I am even a week behind you all. I agree with the week ten carrot thought and feeling ...others have also told me that later in the program there will seem to be a 'dramatic ' change?!?!...and I am sure that as Solidrocker points out...soon the changes we are making will be the norm and it will feel bad going back to the old lifestyle. Keep posting that Chart as time goes on WenFit...that is motivating!

• Hi all,

Started same time (Jan 2) but just now getting into Conversations.  Some of you are looking for dramatic results, my experience is staying disciplined will usu. Lose 1-2 pounds a week,that's where I am through yesterday.  I think the dramatic change is the 10 pound loss mark, hoping that can happen for us all.

• It seems with the my expierence in the times I have done the program and talked to people here that a steady change will happen but don't use the scale as the only sign of progress, and it seems the 8-10 week mark is when the biggest changes happen. So stay the course and I'm sure eveybody will be very happy with the results.

• Thanks! that is very motivating information.  For sure the scale is not showing my progress these days, but my clothes are looser and I can see a little definition again.  My 10 week mark will be on my 56th birthday, so it's exciting to look forward to!

I am my ONLY obstacle--everything else is just EXCUSES

• HAPPY MONDAY WEEK 4...

I think I "over-did" my first workout back after being out for a week with a virus.  I was only going to do a run without any weights to ease back into things, but I felt pretty good after a 2 miles run HIIT.  So, I decided to go through some new exercises to try them out.  So I did a set of T-pushups, low back extensions, pullups, side raises, curls, hanging leg raises, crunches, dumbell squat swings.  I did them circuit style with no rest, so at this point I hit the wall and stopped.  I did 10 minutes of stretching and drank a Myoplex.  I feel totally exhausted, and only got ONE SET of exercises in!  It sucks getting sick and losing everything gained in the first two weeks...but it will all come back soon...I just gotta keep it moving!

Talking about when the "biggest changes" start:  I experienced consistent weight loss throughout, like 1-2 lbs per week, or every two weeks sometimes when I'd hit a plateau.  Speaking of which, if you hit a plateau, and you KNOW you are not eating too much - try calorie cycling:  Spend 1 day eating clean, but eating slightly MORE than you normally would, then spend a day or two eating slightly LESS than you normally would.  I have found that it bumps me off a plateau and my body would start losing again.  These days, I'm more of maintenance, but I'm talking about the journey during my losing the 50 lbs. during 2011.  I'm now in that frustrating zone of that final 5+ lbs of fat I'd like to get rid of - and it is harder to get rid of than the 50 was!

Blessings <><

Stephon

• Wenfit: Great idea with the 12 week calender. When I'm doing a challenge I do the same. I post it on the fridge and everyday take my highlighter and cross off one more box. It's a great visual reminder of how far you've come.

fit4life "The dream must be bigger than the pain"

• Hey there BFL friends,

I have been silently sticking with the program ... and not posting too often. I posted every day last challenge and I miss it. It is VERY nice to get to know people who are also doing this.

I've read most posts and found encouragement,, sometimes a bit of humor and wonderful camaraderie. I'll try to post more often.

We're on week four already ... ! Almost 1/3 through the twelve weeks.

I cut back on a few of the weights I was using. It just wasn't possible to do them in good form. I did that a few weeks ago and it is helping. I'd rather actually build the strength to be able to do the exercise right than do it so poorly. I can't lift much with front or side raises but today I was able to lift the ten pounds slowly and then lower it in a slow controlled manner. Much better than forcing it upwards with momentum and barely being able to keep gravity from yanking it back down. Much better.

Wenfit, I liked seeing that lovely spiral bound book you had made. When I'm feeling rich I'm going to go to staples and see how much it will cost to have one made. I am still using full size sheets, filing them in a large looseleaf notebook that takes up half the table and pulling out a weeks worth at a time to bring to the gym on a clipboard. Your book is so neat and concise. I like it better than the success journal because yours lies flat. Thank you again for sharing how you did that.

Thank you to everyone for all your inspiring posts. Keep up the great work!

Patricia

• HAPPY THURSDAY WEEK 4...

I hope everyone is doing well.  I am struggling physically this week.  The virus has not completely cleared out of my system, and I just feel extremely fatigued.  As I posted on Monday, I "overdid" my first workout coming off the sick week; and it definitely set me back a bit.  I've been taking it easy and doing "workouts" that I wouldn't call a workout based on my past challenges.  However, it's all about HEALTH and LONGEVITY and STEWARDSHIP; so sometimes you just have to swallow your ego (do you know a man who doesn't have an ego?) and just do what it best for your body.  There is still 8 weeks remaining and I have plenty of time to get back to 100% and make some progress.

I have been maintaining clean eating, and even scaled back my intake about 500 calories/day in order to compensate for the decreased activity level; and I am back to week two weight of 180 and holding.  So the 5 lbs I dropped on this challenge hasn't retaken me...that's good!

Here's a phrase I've derived from all the different podcasts, BFL book and just living the program.  It helps me to keep a perspective on where I'm going, what I am doing consistently day after day, and not fret over an occasional "Free" or "Holiday" meal, treat, dessert or whatever.  Use it if it helps you too:

The occasional food indulgence won't make me fat; no more than the occasional workout will make me fit!  How I choose to eat & exercise everyday between the "occasions" is what will make me fit or fat.  I WILL be what I choose...so I will choose WISELY!

Blessings <><

Stephon