Confessions ...

• Okay, I have been a good boy for the most part barring a couple of slip ups in the last 10 days.

One of those being last night.

5th meal - Tostada's. Ran out of food (going shopping tonite), but had a can of refried beans, letuce, cheese, salsa, plain yogurt.

Not exactly the best thing, but the best I could with what I had.

Then, of course, 5th meal is when I get most famished, so couldn't stop at 2 tostada's, oh, no, I had to have that third on. Then the guilt set in.

Arrrrgh!!

The other slip up is I did 2 rest days - last Saturday and Sunday. Today is my 10th day of the challenge.

I am more adamant then ever to finish this week with no slip ups!

I still lost weight, which is unfair to those who are being very good.

But I attribute that to my whole souled effort of my work outs - pushing them harder and harder, and feeling it the full four days.

I posted this because, I know I come across a little self righteous, but am weak and can give in, just like anyone else. 

We all fall short time to time. But, when it happens - become more determined to just make it the few days to our rest/cheat day.

Simply because we can!

"What you put in, is what you are going to get back."

- Terry

• What I like about this is that you understand the reasons for the cheat and are committed to making sure those reasons don't cause you to cheat again.  Growth through personal reflection...well done.

• confession accepted=sin forgiven    .........lol

2 out of 10=80%

100% honest

just feel like you got those two booboo's over with, check them off the list.

go forth, good boy is now smarter young man!

Squats

• It seems you and I might be in the same boat.

It's like I can't stop nibbling!!!

Stacy Lynn

• Thellem - when is your scheduled free day?

• My free day is Sunday.

Thanks guy's. I really appreciate the supportive comments.

I needed it.

I figured I am not helping myself, or anyone else - unless I am completely honest with myself, and not representing some holier then thou personna, with this community - who are my Body-for-Life partners.

If I am going to get the help I need, I can't let pride block my way.

I Just got back from shopping.

I got red potatoes, sweet potatoes, and squash.

Rice, whole wheat bread.

A couple of big tubs of cottage cheese.

Boneless Pork sirloin thick cut (2.38 a pound)

Steak sirloin cut.

Lots of chicken ***.

Pistachio nuts - big bag from bulk foods.

Big block of sharp cheddar.

Turkey and ham lunch meat.

Tomatoes, carrots, apples, cucumber, ginger root, teryaki sauce, water chest nuts, bamboo shoots, cilantro, avocado, bananas, plain yogurt, vanilla yogurt ...

One little thing for me - 2 pnd hershey's chocolate w/ almonds in the freezer. One or two little squares will cure what ails you.

I am ready! This week is mine! I own it!

Lets do this!!!

- Terry

• what time is dinner?

you got lots of yummy food....whatcha gonna be cooking up ChefT?

Squats

• I realize that this is a 12-week challenge, but it's also about lifestyle changes that will hopefully last for life.  I've found that the best way for me to handle BFL or any workout/eating program, is one-day-at-a-time.  I wake up in the morning and commit to getting in my scheduled workout, hitting my 10's, and eating clean.  I literally focus only on that day (I've planned out my week ahead of time on free day.)  For me anyway, that makes it a lot easier to stay on track.  Best of luck.

• I think one of the biggest things I have learned from this program is to not dwell on the past.  If you mess up, get up brush your knees off and keep going.  If you have a slip up, keep going and forget about it.  It seems to me that most people on a diet or a workout regiment will have a slip up here and there and will automatically think they have just screwed up the whole program and give up.  This program in a sense teaches us how to repent.  If you mess up keep going.  Life is full of mistakes, but it is how we pick ourselves up and keep going that really makes us who we are.  Keep up the good work!

I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."  -Henry Rollins-

• It would be like driving your car with out taking your eyes off the rear view mirrow.

CRASH!!!!

You need to look for the allotted 3 secs, then focus straight ahead - keep your eyes on the road ahead!

Focus on the destination, and enjoy the ride.

It's about the journey, and the destination!

The journey is the life style we all are striving for.

There are many destinations/benchmarks along the way - but the journey never ends!

- Terry

• Terri, Great shopping list!

I am a former vegetarian (but not a very healthy one), so the biggest problem I have is in protein variety. I tend to eat a lot of cottage cheese (casein!), 95% grilled gound beef burgers, veggie burgers, pre-made low-fat turkey burgers, and PROTEIN DRINKS! Thank God for protein drinks.

I don't do Tofu or any of those strictly vegan-types of foods, I don't eat pork. I don't eat many red meats.

I really like that the Carb lists includes good whole grain options. We buy "Health Nut" bread from Orowheat which actually has more fiber and less carbs than the whole grain, low-fat waffles I found. Tasty, tasty stuff!

Of course, I live in a houseful of males (1 dear hubby and two boys), so there is always food in the house. Fortunately, hubby is a recreational body builder and older son is an athlete, so they love the Body For Life menus! My little six-year-old has joined the wagon, too.... a funny: the other day, another boy brought cookies to school because it was his birthday. My youngest told me, "I took a bite of the cookie, and then I opened my eyes wide and I went to the straight to the trash can and threw it away - that's not Body for Life food!" Too funny!

~K

"The limits you are living with right now, in every aspect of your existence, have been created by your mind. They are perceptions. And they are holding you back. You are capable of far more than you think you are." -Bill Phillips

• Thanks for posting, Terry. This week felt like I fell off the wagon. It's sometimes nice to know that we're all in this together. Because i don't want to have another poor week I looked back through my journal last night and have set goals for myself this week and then also went grocery shopping. Good Luck for next week.

• Thats the whole point of this - see where we went wrong, and become resolved to step it up.

I made this week better. But, I believe next week can be even better.

Continued learning about ourselves, and making improvements.

Figure out where we fell short for the week, and see how and where to make adjustments - and plan next week to take us to the next level!

There will always be room for improvement, and just doing it better with the meal planning and increasing and maximizing or work outs.

I am C1W1D5 - which is day 12 of my first challenge. Tuesday is the beginning week cycle for me.

I am pretty happy with how my second week is going, but, I definitely know what I am doing different during my third week.

- Terry

• See the advantage you have is that you are self-correcting Terry.  You know what has to be done and you will do it.  You will see yourself through this.  

Best wishes for continued health and discipline to ya Terry.  I always enjoy your posts.

• Terry,

Like Matt said, don't dwell on the past.  When you wake up - use the power of YOUR decision.  Decide today is the day and stick to it.  Develop your own morning mantra and take one day at a time.

Look at yourself in the mirror eye to eye....get to really know yourself.  Ask the questions - you can't run away from yourself and you know your strengths and weaknesses.

Have fun with this, challenge yourself and treat it like a game.  You mess up, so what, pick yourself up and continue forward.

Let the past be recorded....

Let the present be lived....

and let the future be for tomorrow....

Do this daily and we'll all get there...

Marqui