Need support! Beginning 7/24/11

• Dear BFL friends, how is everyone doing?  Just checking in to say a quick TGIF!  Hope you all are having a good day so far.  Just a few more hours and I'm off for my UB workout and then Day 6 will be done.

I'm so glad it's Friday and tomorrow is my free/rest day.  I'm still limping around today but I know the pain will go away in a few days.  My arms are still sore from my workout on Monday so I'll have to be sure to let the PT know.  I'm going to print out my workout program for him to take a look at so that we're not just doing 3 sets of 15 only.  Just hope my UB workout won't put me in too much pain tomorrow since I'm planning on taking the kiddies around for a bit tomorrow.  

Meal-wise, I still forget my mid-morning meal but am finding I'm not too hungry, so it's been OK.  I'm not craving so much so perhaps my body is getting enough fuel.  Is the BFL program strict on making sure you eat all of your meals.  If so, I'm going to have to work harder to remember.  Another thing I'm finding is the daily sheets you fill out are a bit of work to remember to do.  The cardio is easy since I print it out right before I head to the gym and when I increase my cardio, I just open my last session and make the minor number changes.  It's the food log and the weights that I have to try to remember to record is a bit tough.  Although I do see the importance in tracking, I'm just wondering if anyone else is struggling with remember to log everything since there's so much details.  :/

I'll check in again later tonite.  Happy BFL eating and have a great workout today friends!  

• I am still sore as well.  that LB workout was a doozy. went downstairs to retrieve something from the basement and almost couldn't make it back up the stairs (even though i did LB 2 days ago)  Today was my "free" day as my husband and I try to have dates on Friday.  It wasn't as great as I had expected it to be.  I haven't really had any cravings, so just ate some foods I usually love and I didn't find the joy in it that I used to.  Back on track in the morning, actually looking forward to it.  Day 5 workout was better than Day 1.  I can see it will take me some time to have everything down.  good night all.  

• Today is day 6 for me.  Do I weigh in this morning before eating and excersising or tomorrow morning of my free day?  I did hop on the scale one late evening this week and gained weight.  I assume it was due to the workouts, food and 1 gallon of water I drink per day!  So when is the best time to weigh?

• Take it one day at a time. Dont look at the whole 12 weeks. It can be very overwhelming that way at first. But just focus on making it to the gym or where ever your working out and eating right for that day. Then before you know it you haveput a couple of weeks together. then 4 ( a whole month) Then youll find it will turn around, at least it has for me. Im finnishing my 7th week and starting into my last 4 weeks. I wish now that I had a couple of extra weeks to add so that I might add a few more onces of muscle. You get there! Chin up, eyes foward, and just do it. the body will follow.

"Everybody falls down, it's all about how fast you get back up. So Get Up!" 

• Just checking in.  End of week two!  Been a rough week, but hung in there, and excited it's my free day, even if I do feel a little "cheated."  Was looking forward to my plans, my free food, etc., etc., but as luck would have it, A/C is broken AGAIN.  Could be worse.  I just have to remind myself it's just another "challenge to view as an opportunity."  Can't figure out what that might be yet!  LOL  My pacemaker has been giving me problems, but thankful to God He's allowed me to complete all my workouts this week, even though it's been tough.  I've managed to stick to the program with the exception of one additional protein bar yesterday.  I was down 11 lbs. this morning.  I know it's probably not realistic to think I will have that significant of a weight loss in the weeks to come, but after battling with the heart issues for so many years and 100+ pound weight gain, I'm just so thrilled to finally be seeing light at the end of the tunnel so to speak.  I hope everyone is having an awesome weekend, and want to tell everyone to hang in there.  We can do this thing together.  As Tim said, it is overwhelming at times, but taking it one day at a time helps tremendously!!

• Good morning BFL friends, Today is Day 8.  Will be off to do my cardio shortly.  Yesterday was my free day and didn't find myself overindulging in anything, mostly low-cal and healthy foods.  It was nice to have a break and as I am still sore, but back to the program today for another week.

Hope everyone will have a nice Sunday.  Like what everyone else is saying, I am writing to remind myself as well....baby steps...baby steps....one day at a time and just focus on it hour by hour if you need to.  Keep up the good work friends and make sure you get in your meals/workouts!  

• day 7 is well underway for me.  Having a bit of a rough time.  I am an emotional eater and I just want to eat something awful right now.  I am an emotional wreck today.  Feeling like I have been run over by a bus at the moment.  pretty sure I will be filling out divorce papers some time this coming week, unless something drastic happens to change things. (not holding my breath)....anyway didn't share this for anyone to feel sorry, but to encourage myself to stick to my plan and not give into the urges to eat an entire pizza or pig out on ice-cream.  so far i am proud of myself for the effort and successes I have had this week, not going to let him ruin this for me too.  Actually doing BFL has helped me gain more confidence to do what I know I should have done years ago.

Excited that tomorrow will be the beginning of week 2! feels good to say Week 2. :)  keep holding your heads up friends, you can do this too.  today is first day of the rest of your life.

• Katie--Hang in there!!!  You are stronger than you think and you will get through this.  When I went through my divorce, it was very painful.  One way or another, things will just have to fall into place--by force or by choice.

Baby steps, even if it's just simply trying to put one foot in front of the other.  Please try not to think too much.  Just focus on what is in front of you, and deal with it one thing at a time.    I know it is easier said than done.  I will keep you in my prayers.  Take good care!!

• Katie-Hang in there girl!  You (and all of us who chose the BFL program) deserve to be our happiest, healthiest selves!  I'm feeling a bit discouraged this morning myself, but determined that  circumstances of life are not going to get the better of me.  As I posted a few days ago I'm going to choose to take the great advice to view "challenges as opportunities."  I have to!  I have "too much to lose, and everything to gain"!  (PUN INTENDED)  Have a great day everyone!!

• Good morning BFL friends....

Today is Day 9 for me.  Just gonna try to focus on what's in front of me. I want share two uplifting quotes with everyone. I've been re-reading these two all morning to remind myself why I made my BFL choice.    

"Some men have thousands of reasons why they cannot do what they want to, when all they need is one reason why they can."  ~Willis Whitney

"Live out of your imagination, not your history."  ~ Stephen Covey

Whatever you are going through at the moment, if you're feeling down and out and you don't think want to keep going, just remember you're not alone in this.  When I find myself starting to think too much and sink in from the woes of "life", I say to myself, baby steps Traci...remember, baby steps.  Then I go into the forum and read other postings to distract myself.  I like the Transformation posts because there are before/after pictures that are really inspiring and as I'm reading it, I just think, Holy cow....I wanna get those results too!!  And they all tell you, STICK WITH IT!  So I'm reminded to not give up so easily.  It's a small nudge that says, just keep going--wait and see how it'll transform you too.  

Enjoy your day BFL friends and keep up your efforts!

• Good afternoon BFL Friends!  Just checking in today as part of my plan to stay motivated and inspired.  I really don't have time to check in during the weekends, but I can at work during the week (when I really shouldn't be!)  Hey....it's all to better my health and what employer wouldn't want healthy employees, right?  I keep coming back to this thread even though I actually started my challenge on 7/6.  I really enjoy everyone's posting and now feel I have a vested interest in seeing how everyone sticks it out.  Just think, in a couple of month we will start hearing testimonies of INCREDIBLE results!  I can't wait!  Today is actually day 27 for me....one more day and I'll be 1/3 of the way through!  So far....12 pounds down although I am trying to stay off of the scale.   I usually do pretty good early in the week because I dread what my free day might have done to me.  By mid-week, I'm feeling good about my eating and working out and that darned scale just lures me back.  

Katie - keep your chin up and focus on YOU right now.  Sounds like you are going to need to take care of yourself now more than ever.  Put all of your stress into your workouts.  Turn what could be the worst time of your life into motivation for making it the best thing you've ever done for yourself.  Combat the negativity of divorce with the positivity of a healthy lifestyle.

Just want to pass on something that is helping me with this challenge.  I don't know how any of you feel about fat burners, but I have found one that gives me great energy without making me feel jittery, nervous or like I'm taking something illegal (some of them are just TOOOOO much for me!)  It's called Oxxilean and it really gives me energy, a clear mind and even seems to help with the appetite some.  

Well, I'm out for now.  Back to work.  Hope you all have a great BFL day!  Keep pushing!

• Day 17 for me!  I'm soooo thankful to all my BFL buds!  You guys are awesome!  Your positive comments, and testimonies keep me going!  I love the fact we can just keep each other reminded on a daily basis that we are worth it!  I, too, need to stay OFF THE SCALE!  I lost a lot in week one and two, but so far only about a pound this week, and it's starting to be discouraging, but I need to remember, I'm building muscle as well.  My clothes are already fitting better, and I know I'm becoming so much healthier on the inside as well.  The recipes in the Eating for Life Cookbook have been awesome as well.  I had such a craving for Italian yesterday so I made a Turkey Casserole from the cookbook, and it was wonderful!  It curbed my craving, and I was PROUD I had not given in to the temptation to visit one of our local Italian cafes here that serves the best pasta around!  One day at a time as we say!  We can do this!!!!  Have a great day everyone!

• Day 28 workout done!  Starting to really feel incredible now and know that I am on the path to success.  There is no way that I would quit now.  In addition to my BFL workouts, my son and I play tennis on occasion.  Well, we played last night and I have improved SO much just from the little bit of weight that I lost and the working out.  My son even commented on my improvement.  I had much better mobility and got to the ball much quicker; even returning balls that I previously wouldn't be able to!  I am normally a runner but I've been doing the stair stepper for cardio until I lost a little weight.  I think it's just about time to start running and there's a 5K coming up on August 27th that I may even sign up for. Keep rocking on everyone and I hope you have a GREAT workout and GREAT day!  Please keep posting as well; I love reading about your progress and challenges.  We ARE all in this together!

• well it's day 9 for me.  last day in the single digit days :)  I love reading your posts!!! it is so encouraging to read about your successes and even your struggles and how you overcome them.  I thank you for your thoughts and prayers on my behalf.  I am still on an emotional roller coaster....one minute fine, then the next minute I can't stop crying. I keep patting myself on the back though because I have stuck with my plan not given into the cravings.

I was looking at my workout chart last night and thinking about how the days will just get checked off and before I know it I will be in my 2nd month not just my 2nd week.  not counting my chickens before they hatch, but realizing how fast time goes by.  

almost delayed my workout until after work, but glad i didn't.  feeling much better just getting up and getting it done....

have a glorious day everyone.  forecast for my day? mostly happy with a chance of intermittent showers.

• Kate - you are one strong woman inside and out!  God bless you for staying in this during such a difficult time.  I will definitely keep praying for you.  You are such an inspiration for your determination to keep with the program in spite of the obstacles and stress that you are dealing with.  It really makes me realize that I HAVE NO EXCUSES!  Just keep telling yourself that you WILL get through this...one step at a time.  Take care and I hope your have more 'happy' in your day than showers!