The Clean Week Challenge

• Hi Everyone,

I stole the idea from dburg who proposed it in a post on another form started by bye2babyfat. Sorry ladies :o)

Regardless of which week you are in, if you feel you need to re-focus your efforts this/next week, please join this mini challenge. We'll post here what we did day to day for a week. My week no. 5 starts on Saturday. So, I am hoping by then fellow BFLers will join the mini challenge as most of us have the week starting on Monday.

My week 3 was a bit messy. My week 4 is great in terms of workouts, but i could have done without the extra portions I am eating here and there.

One clean week at a time.

Who's in? :o)

I forgot to add that the winner will win a cash prize of one whole US dollar! But you got to have a Paypal account lol That's the universal rule of reciprocation Bill Philips was talking about. Hey! It's still a cash prize.. which is more than i can say for EAS hehehehe

Courage isn't lack of fear. It's our ability to carry on despite our fear

• Well, actually firesong challenged me :) but I accepted ;)   And just for the record, I'm a guy :)

So time allowing, I'll post next week here also.   I'm also curious to see what happens by my changing up my workout time.  It will take dedication for me next week as I'll be working out AFTER work.   So that will be a HUGE change for me, but could be the shock I need to!!!

• Oops, sorry.

Great. I like the idea of having a small challenge to focus on. A week is easy to muster and stay focused with.

Thanks for joining me.

I will be posting here too starting Saturday and I'll do my best to keep the week %

• I would love to join this but my week started today technically. is that ok?

• I have a feeling that will be ok :)

• thank you :) I will post back tonight after my day is done!

• Great, mell. Waiting for your post.

• I eat the same thing every day so my list will probably be short :) Happy to join in though! I actually feel like I'm eating too much fruit these days as my carbs so I'll be interested to hear your thoughts.

• Great. We'll be able to give each other tips as we keep posting day to day. Why do you eat the same things?

• Probably the same reason I have a lot of the same stuff.  Ease of making it and I like it... At least my 'at work' stuff normally doesnt change much at all.. 'breakfast' and 'dinner'  aka meal 1 and 5 get some variety though..

• yep, it's easy, it's stuff I know I'll like and I feel like it's been working. Meals 3 & 5 for me I switch up, though they are always chicken.

Here's the gist what I eat:

Meal 1:

1 egg & 1/3 cup egg whites

1 roma tomato

cilantro

1/4 onion

either 1/2 banana or 1 piece dry whole wheat toast

Meal 2:

1/2 cup oatmeal

3 cut up strawberries

1 scoop protein powder

pumpkin pie spice

(the spice & strawberries are to help mask the powder taste)

Meal 3:

4 oz. chicken breast

1 plain russet baked potato

vegetable of some sort

Meal 4:

Myoplex strawberry cream

Meal 5:

4 oz chicken breast

potato of some sort

veggie of some sort

Meal 6:

1 scoop protein powder

1 cup almond milk

1 cup strawberries

handful of blueberries

ice

(smoothie)

• sorry that came out so hard to read!

• Not, it was fine. It's a good variety though. I thought you meant the very same things literally as some of us stick to two or three ingredients for every single meal.

• I forgot to add that the winner will win a cash prize of one whole US dollar! But you got to have a Paypal account lol That's the universal rule of reciprocation Bill Philips was talking about. Hey! It's still a cash prize.. which is more than i can say for EAS hehehehe

• Well WHEN I win (that's that positive thinking thing kicking in)  I'm doing BFL not for any prize, but to get my life back (so I guess that is a valuable present), so you can make a donation of 1 dollar to the Junior Diabetes Research Foundation :).  I know a wonderful young lady that was diagnosed with type 1 a little over 2 years ago, so that and the American Cancer Society, and lifeline of ohio (organ donation) are my biggies :)