Monday will be the first day of the rest of my life! *Deep Breath* Any advice??

• Hello BFL Community! 

My name is Kate, I am 21 years old, and overweight. A quick little history would be that I was raised by my single mother who was also very overweight and she herself did not know how to take care of her body or understand the importance of exercising and really listening to your body...That is what I am trying to teach myself and learn now in my life. I was not made to live this life without energy and hauling around excess fat and I am SO ready to put an end to it! I cannot wait to jump on this wagon and take on this challenge!
    So, Monday (June 6th) is the day! I am taking this week to make sure I have all of my ducks in a row for my Body For Life Challenge, making sure I have workouts picked out, planning out my meals, and working everything into my current schedule! I  have even been training myself to get up at least an hour earlier before I usually do so I can start working out. I wondered if anyone had any specific advice or tips for people just getting started. If so, I would greatly appreciate it!  Anyway, I cannot wait to be posting my success story on here in 12 weeks...until then, I am going to get after it!

-Kate 

• Congratz!! People here can give you advice all the day to help you complete your challenge. But, at the end of the day you already took the most important and hardest step, wich is having made the decision to change your lifestyle for the better. As long as you keep your determination, nothing can stop you. Best of luck!!!

• hey Kate!   Commend yourself for taking this week to mentaly prepare and get everything together.   it helped me this time around (second Official challenge after many false starts)   I visited the gym and pre-worked out to really low intensity just to get a feel of where my body was at.

Use this week to visit the gym and look around for all the various weights you will use, that way next week it's like bam-bam this machine that machine and everything will just flow.

Couple suggestions that helped me, find a thread and join one where you can both be on the same page.  You can join the thread  May-Mod-Bods...we all started this week and one week off is not so bad.

The key is just keep going.  keep reading.  What i found is that once I made some online friends, I can't let them down.  Out there somewhere they are doing their part and I am going to do mine.  No one forced us to be here, it's what we want to do.

Keep going at it!  Keep reading and getting motivated!    Congratulate yourself for embarking on a journey to find the real you, the happy you, it's in you somewhere.  Bring it out --share it with the world!  Let's go!!!

~Marqui D.  C2W1D3