Here we go Challenge 2, Challenge Buddies

• Hey sunberry congrats on going strong and making that lifestyle change!! keep it going challenge 2 people.. firesong I like you have been have been struggling with food as well the workouts have been great! I have been using your mantra "GO BIG OR GO HOME" :)) You cant get more self explanatory than that..

• mads, I know you did a lot of cardio in C1, extra with your soccer right?  And since you don't need to lose much more, maybe now it would be good to look at your weights, and see if you can really push yourself there.  just a thought.

sunberry,  so glad to hear you are doing so wonderful this round.  and how upbeat you sound is even better.

island dude, you are the Man!  i challenged dburg to a week of eating clean if he pushed on the workouts. i am doing much better this week and feel better and yes, even seeing it on the scale.  my scale measure in 100ths of ounces.  *LOL*  

• Thanks, firesong, for the kudos! I do feel GREAT! :)

My intention is not to brag, but it might come out that way. Three weeks ago, I could barely do 8lb weights when I did dumbbell (chest) presses; I think the max weight then was 10 pounds. Today my max weight was 15lbs and I'm considering upping the weights next time; my hubby says my form was REALLY good. Woohoo! It's nice to see progress in so little time!

And I got a gallon of water in today, which is on target for my weight. Woot woot!

Anyway, hope everyone is doing WONDERFULLY!

"Dear friend, I hope all is well with you and that you are as healthy in body as you are strong in spirit." 3 John 2 (New Living Translation)

• Sungirl,  Not bragging at all.  Love to hear the increases and how you are doing.  And I struggle with the water so you are now my goal for water.  Thanks.  Keep your form pure and be strong.

• Hey, firesong! I was thinking about you today. It seems I was trying to keep my form so pure on LBWOs that I wasn't pushing myself too hard. I worked out with a trainer today and he increased my weights by about 50%. My legs were shaking afterwards. hahaha :)

"Dear friend, I hope all is well with you and that you are as healthy in body as you are strong in spirit." 3 John 2 (New Living Translation)

• Yahoo!!   Good for you, be the monster.  And shaking legs is a good sign.  

Hope your trainer doesn't try and dissuade you from the bfl workouts, I keep reading in here about that. I gues they aren't familiar with it so they poopoo it.  Hope yours is open minded.  

And I am proud of you.  

• Oh and I finally started eating 100% clean again, as if on a mission and I reached a new personal best on the treadmill.  6.9 mph on minute 19.   For this short legged old woman that is a huge step.  My next goal is to see that number 7 up there.

So a month back into C2 I am finally getting my rhythm and seeing results, on the scale as well.

• WOOHOO, firesong! SO good to hear you're eating 100% clean again. AND WOW! 6.9 mph on minute 19. That's AMAZING!!! :)

AS to my trainer, he doesn't really stick to the BFL method; that's why I've gone from paying to see him 3X every 2 weeks to just 1X every 2 weeks. I still learn a lot from him...

Best wishes to everybody!

• Thank you Sunberry.   My ultimate goal is to get 2 miles in in 20 minutes.  Something to work towards.

And trainers can be great for motivation, and helping you with correct form etc.  

• Wow ladies impressive! Firesong Keep raising that bar you are gonna meet that 2 mile goal i know it!  Sunberry shaking aka jello legs are always a sure sign that you hit your tens! keep it going ladies :-)

• I took firesong's advice and took last week off.  I got on board again with my running and work outs on Tuesday.  Although it does seem harder to get back on track with eating right :$  What a pain that is!  Although I have really gotten into having smoothies 2x/day, that definitely seems to help get me through the mornings.

• Glad to hear the nutrition shakes are helping, bvolpe22. :)

I have a question: I recently started using one of those electronic body fat sensors. It's saying that my body fat is increasing, even though my scale says that I'm losing pounds. Should I be concerned? If so, what could I be doing wrong?

• Sunny girl,  wish I could help but have only used those on a scale.  mine is not very accurate.  in fact havent been on it for a couple months.  maybe post a new thread and get some input from the folks at large.  

bvolpe, coming back is hard, but commit to it, eat clean and be a monster in the gym!  

• Monster time.   I hit every ten, if not a 12 today on my lower body workout.  I was grunting and sweating and swearing and worked my ass off.  It felt great and hit some personal bests.  Had a great week.  Personal best on the treadmill and swam for one cardio and then did 5 more minutes to do a half mile.  Ate clean all week.   Feel wonderful.  

• WooooooHooooooo, firesong! You're on fire! (No pun intended.) That is SOOOOOOOO cool that you're hitting 12s and eating clean!!! That is SOOO cool!!! AMAZING!!! :)

I called EAS about my question yesterday. A very knowledgeable rep said that I might not be eating enough carbs, so something something about glycogen reserves. Because of my size, he recommended I eat 30g of carbs and 30g of protein at each sitting. That is a lot of food. I tried reaching these guidelines yesterday, and I couldn't eat all of those carbs. I drank a light nutrition shake and tried eating 12 oz of strawberries, but could only eat 6 oz. I'm considering aiming for 25g instead.

Something interesting he mentioned was that EAS now recommends eating something 30 minutes after working out, not waiting an hour. I'd noticed that on the Myoplex packaging. Hadn't given it much thought.

Anyway, gotta run! Hope you have a GREAT day!