Here we go Challenge 2, Challenge Buddies

• Mahalo island dude.  Thanks so much for your post, it greatly appreciated.  Starting C2 has not been the easiest but its happening and definately still chanting to myself in the gym 'go big or go home' and i find myself doing just that.  

Glad to hear of your progress is still happening.  Keep in touch.

• Mads, keep posting.  I am reading if not replying all the time.  

Friends, hang in there, good things will happen.  

• Hello- I am starting my first challenge on June 6th. Can I join your group?

• I am in....I need some help!  Starting 6/6

• Hey, firesong! Drinking enough water is tough. Will pray for you. Glad to hear that you're "still working like a monster in the gym." I've taken my husband with me on a couple of UBWO and LBWO days, and he said my form was really bad, so I've gone down in the weights. Oh, BTW, before I forget, the lecithin was NOT recommended to me by a doctor, but by a nutritionist... Also, I'm on another supplement for my fatty liver, so I should be OK. Thanks for caring. :)

Island_dude, hello! It's nice to see you on another thread.

Mads and Bronco, nice to "see" you again! :)

Newbies, welcome aboard!

Best wishes to everyone for a VERY successful weight loss journey!!!

"Dear friend, I hope all is well with you and that you are as healthy in body as you are strong in spirit." 3 John 2 (New Living Translation)

• Sungirl,

Go back to the book for the right form for your workouts.  And follow the exercises precisely.  Or even use a trainer in the gym to show you how to do them correctly.   Hubby is right on going down in weights to improve form, and you will do so much better.  

I am doing better on my water today.  

Friends,

Ok, so this wednesday is a HUGE day for me.  I never mentioned before what I do for work, but my annual physical fitness test is this week and I am nervous.  Last year I failed it due to an asthma attack within the first few minutes, and was not able to take it again last year.

So here it is time for it again.  And I am not taking the most difficult one, just the moderate one but still nervous.  So wish me well please and keep your fingers crossed.   Thanks

• hey guys! quick question is jennie o turkey bacon alright for protein? It has 20 cal 0g fat 0g carb 3g protein for 1 slice so Id probably use 5 slices?

• also good luck wed firesong!

• Hi Buddies!

Good to see everyone!

So I should be in the beginning of C2, week 4, but I haven't done much. I started week one pretty strong but had to make adjustments by the end of the week. By week 2 I totally let life get in the way and dictate to me how things were going to be. I thought that maybe I didn't have much happening in my first challenge which was why I was able to stay so focussed on "me". But then I realized life happens all the time and I am the only one in control of how I deal with it...

So I think I'm ready to jump back into the game. I'll reconnect with the gym later this week and restart my challenge on Monday. AND I can't wait to see ME in August!

Good Luck Firesong!

Way to stick with it even with your limitations Sunberry!

• Mel392, in the book Eating-for-LIFE, they have recipes with lean turkey bacon and a serving had no more than 3 strips of bacon.

Everybody, I need to vent a little. I went to the doctor yesterday, and it turns out I have a Jones fracture, so I could be in the boot for upto 20 weeks. I've got a program down, so exercising won't be an issue, but my knees are hurting from limping.

Firesong, good luck tomorrow!!!

Best wishes, everybody!

"Dear friend, I hope all is well with you and that you are as healthy in body as you are strong in spirit." 3 John 2 (New Living Translation)

• thank you!

Sunberry76- Im so sorry to hear about your injury! Take it easy though because it isnt worth making the injury last longer than necessary plus I forgot her name but theres a post of someone who did the program without exercise and had wonderful results! Keep up the good work and dont get discouraged!

• Thank you for your concern, Mell! I should have clarified that the doctor told me what kinds of exercise I could and couldn't do. :)

• oops sorry! :) anyway im glad you are able to keep with it then!

• I don't have that answer mell, but be careful of the eating for life, recipes, because that is for maintenance more than the challenge weight loss part.

and thanks

• Ah Sunberry,  I am so sorry to hear that.  20 weeks?  egad!   Guess you just have to live with that and try not to limp too much.  Do you know how you got it?  

Glad you have the program figured out.   *hugs*