Starting Monday May 16

• No problem - we'll muddle thru this together!  LOL!

• Hi MB get fit,

Welcome to the club. I look about 5-6 months pregnant with a belly hanging over due to c-sections, excessive weight gain etc. I have about 20 lbs to lose.

• Hi Sandelio,

Thanks for the tip.

• Morning all!

Did my cardio this morning - bumped it up JUST a notch as shown below:

(It's kinda embarassing to post these speeds when some people are running at 7's and 8's - but hey - I'M NEW!)

My thought was to creep it up each cardio session, but I might leave it at this for the next one on Saturday - I was ready to die at the very end!  LOL!  I know it SHOULD be hard, but I don't want to make it un-doable!

I've also discovered that I don't NEED 3-5 cans of diet coke to survive - who knew?!?!?

I have one with dinner and that's it (which is losing it's appeal as well - maybe next week I'll try to kick that out as well!)

All in all - feelin' great!

Happy Thursday!

• rut-roh!  What happened to this group?  No one's posted since 7am yesterday???

(Throwing this in here in case someone is still around, but if there's no activity here over the next couple days I'll only be posting in the "Starting 5/16 Ready to Rock" thread....)

Morning all - TGIF!

I upped my weights for the UBWO this morning - couldn't quite complete all the reps, but from everything I've been reading on this board I guess that's preferable to not lifting heavy enough weights.  I think I might be sore tomorrow - LOL!

Been doing good on eating (according to what I had planned out), but reassessing it all due to a debate on another thread over how many calories I SHOULD be eating.  I'm eating too few?  I'll be researching that some more over the weekend, and trying to figure out how to put more protein into my plan regardless.

Cardio tomorrow, and then a day off!  For the free day, here's what I'm thinking:  I don't WANT a full out binge day.  And we all know how we are once we "buy" something or bring it in the house.....so I'm thinking stay on plan for most of the day, and then a nice dinner out, still watching portions but eating some unallowed foods and maybe a dessert (SPLIT with my Honey of course!) - but then when we leave the restaurant, it's over!  There won't be anything in the house to say "oh, just one more", and it's setting that free day up for it's primary purpose - special ocassions.  I would skip it altogether, but DO believe there's something to switching it up so your body doesn't just start accepting your calorie level...

Have a great day!

Sandy

• Hi Sandy !! I'm still here !! The kids have been keeping me busy the past few days. I'm so tired. Im dragging all day. They don't wanna sleep !!

You read my mind about the calories. I was thinking the same thing....feel like my calories are really low for my size. I don't feel hungry so didn't notice until I actually counted. Where is the thread you were talking about as far as calories. I don't even know how many to consume, whether to count, or what. I started just counting the protein and carb portion and doing it that way. I need to tweak a few things as I get more familiar with the program.

But....things are going well..so far on day 5 I already notice a scale drop of 3 pounds !! That's amazing considering I have been trying so hard to drop weight this year and nothing happened until now. I am loving the program so far. My exercise routine is going well..very sore arms but feeling good.

I totally agree with what you are saying about the cheat day. I find that if I buy anything I am doomed to nibble or binge. I like your idea about just enjoying a meal. What are some of your favorite foods that you miss ? For me it's spicy tuna rolls, wine/alcohol, chocolate/dessert. That's usually about it. So I am gonna try to just keep my indulgences simple. My cheat day is actually tomorrow !! :)

• Way to go runnergirl-that is a great start!  I had a great week too-killed the cardio, but UBWO saved for tonight.  My hubby wants to spot me and show me a couple of moves- I am just glad he and I will have some together time- even if I am sweaty and in pain the whole time! :)  I also choose to do my UB at night because otherwise I have trouble picking up my toddler when I need to-my arms are NOT reliable after the workout. I swear that kid smuggles bricks in his pockets.   Keep up the hard work everyone!!!

• I'm here, my computer has been giving me problems. I don't know about anyone else but I have been so SORE all week but I'm so proud of myself for getting up every morning and hiting the gym. Just one more day!  My biggest issue seems to be the meals. If I don't take the time to make my food the night before then I 'm scrounging around during the day and not eating what I should be. I really enjoy reading everyone's posts. Please keep it up!

• Be careful about the calories guys, just read the requirements in the nutrition area, each person is different depending on the size of their hands. If you feel full and have energy (you will probably drag the first couple of weeks as you are doing something that your body is not used to) but have enough energy for your workouts then you are probably getting enough food. When I looked at Bill Phillips menu plan for one day I was shocked at how little amount of food he actually eats. Also don't get discouraged if you see weightloss the first week and then nothing else for the next few weeks. I've actually been reading in a lot of posts that generally for women, most don't notice any changes, weight or body wise, until week 8, so keep that in mind.

• Im still here too, just have been having computer problems,sounds like everyone is doing a great job, keep it up!

• Yep!  Stormin' into the week!  Lugged all my food for the week into work this morning - don't have to deal with it the rest of the week!  YAY!

Did good on my "free day" - all is good!

• I had a good workout this morning on the lower body. I'm looking forward to seeing slimmer, firmer, sexier legs. :) I've lost 2 lbs since we started last Monday. Yay!!!!!

• Still going strong here!  For some reason I can't sign in on my ipad or phone...and minutes at the computer are numbered with 4 little ones.  Haven't missed a workout and eating well!  :)

Lost two inches off my baby belly last week!  SO excited!  Fit into a skirt that I haven't worn in 2+ years!  YAY!  Really enjoying every moment of this challenge.  It's SO exciting to be getting better!

- Ladynoelle

"You have to want to change more than you want to stay the same."

• If you are on Facebook, (who isn't) I'd encourage you to join www.facebook.com/home.php  It's a great little support group!

- Ladynoelle

"You have to want to change more than you want to stay the same."

• Hi Everyone.. I went to the gym tonight, usually I go in the mornings but over slept. Tonight I was cured of oversleeping. The gym was ridiculous with so many people. I had to completely scrap my intended workout and ended coming up with stuff on the spot. I still had a good workout but I'm more of a planner, I like to plan what I'm going to do next.

I have a very weird week 2 planned, since my co=worker and I are doing this together, its sometimes difficult to plan our workouts. So Today we did legs, tomorrow arms, wed (cardio), thurs legs and friday and sat cardio. Do you think it will hurt anything if I do the same amount of workouts just not in the right order? I'm really going to need a lot of help and support for week 4 because I'm going on vacation. waaa right in the middle of everything:)