Any Diabetic BFL'ers

• Hello again,

I am in a returning bfl'er who found out that I am a diabetic.  I am looking for other people who are in the same boat.  I am interested in recipes and if anyone is doing modified workouts.

Scott 

• Hey Scott, I'm a diabetic too and plan on starting today, Feb 7th. This will be my second time competing, made it through once before all the way. It was hard but I was determined to do it back in 2002 and succeeded. I've left myself get really out of shape since then and need to make this challenge happen once more and for the rest of my life.

I don't have any recipes, just going to eat like they state and watch the sugar in-take. Shouldn't be too hard, I already love fish and chicken plus they have a lot of low sugar/crab shakes and protein bars out there. I'm already using the EAS ready to drink shakes. The AdvantEdge crab control which only has 2g of crabs and 0 sugars. They have them at Wal-Mart for $5.97 a 4 pack and I believe $4.97 at Target or Kmart, can't remember which one. I use the EAS Pure Protein bars which taste pretty good, just a little dry though, have some water handy. They only have 2g of sugars but a little high on the crab side 17g. You can get these at Wal-Mart too for a good price...can't remember exactly how much.

I also take supplements from Qivana to help with my diabetes. When I was first diagnosed with Diabetes my A1c was at 12.4, now its at 5.8. It's a little on the expensive side but worth it. I just ran out and my Glucose levels are rising again. My glucose level was at 100 or below before meals, now I'm getting readings in the 120's. I'm definitely going to order some more and get back on the supplements. Of course I am on Metformin too but only 500mg twice daily. When I get back on the Qivana supplements and my glucose levels get back down to where they were I’m going to try and do without the Metformin.

Anyways, good luck and stay committed.

http://getpaid.myqivana.com

• Hi guys

I'm pleased this question has been asked as I recently find myself in this situation, that is having been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, thankfully its in the early stages and I am not in need of medication. The doctor says that he wants me to control it through diet and exercise for as long as possible.

I would be interested in finding out what can/cant be eaten, i'm aware of the sugars and fast release carbs etc, to also stay away from full fat coke etc and stick with coke zero and so on, also no more red bull type energy drinks :o)

Good luck and all the best on completing your challenges guys

Wayne

• Thanks for the information and I will check it out.

Scott

• This is just a quick note for Wayne - see if you can drop the soda altogether. While Coke Zero has no calories, the artificial sweeteners can still cause a response by your body.

Want it. Plan it. Do it.