60 pound surprise!

• Hello everyone. I signed up last night, as a spur of the moment decision. I found a scale in the kitchen. My folks had brought it home with their Christmas shopping. I stepped on it to find 343 pounds on the indicator. I had thought I was 280. I immediately signed up. I've known about BFL for awhile. This challenge has gone from something to do someday to an imperative. 280 lbs was already bad but 343 is unacceptable (I'm 24 and 5'9). I'm sure I'm not the first person to have this happen. I thought I'd share the horror story.  I just took my before photo, and did an hour on an elliptical. This is my first day. I was wondering if anybody had their own horror stories and maybe some advice for the new guy. Thank you.

• You need to get the original Body for Life book, use it as your reference...you will need to do 3 days of strength training and 3 days of HIIT cardio. The cardio used in this program is only 20 minutes, but it is high intensity interval training. In order to see the results you want, you should go by the book.

Nutrition is 80% of this program. So if you want to succeed, I suggest you get the book if you do not have it already and plan this whole 12-wk challenge out.  In my opinion you will be more successful.

This program WORKS if you do the WORK! I've lost 46# and about 38 inches since last Christmas; I'm female and 5'9...So trust the program and Plan, Plan, Plan.

Best wishes for your success!

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• Thanks for the info. You're right, I think I'll start over in a week. I made the decision half cocked. As for the book I have Body for life champions, and am reading the third chapter now. I need to think this through. Thanks again.

• We all have our "horror" stories.  Mine is simply I was TIRED of the weight gain weight loss cycle.  I was certain I couldn't lose my stomach and had Smart Lipo... which was actually so stupid! I should have done the work not the Lipo.  So after the smart Lipo, I was heavier than ever and on top of that I feel like my stomach looks deformed... and I have 2 little girls that I am supposed to be a good role model for.  If I didn't know that BFL would work Id say okay, I didn't know, but I DID! I had already completed a challenge in which I looked AWESOME after and the stomach was almost gone!!!! So  3 weeks ago I decided I am changing my body for LIFE this time.  There is no "challenge" for me no 84 day,  3 weeks ago was day 1 of FOREVER!

Best of Luck to you.  I agree with Debbie MO the book will be your guide, read it and live it! YOu can do this!

BEsts

• MO has done fabulous. And she is a FINE 5 foot nine.

Check out her pics and just believe in yourself as MO did.

One day, one workout, one meal at a time.

Best gift you give this year will be the Body for Life Original book to YOURSELF. Through giving to you, you will be giving to many.

Welcome to your happy place. :)

• I haven't read the BFL Champions book, but the original book details everything about how to eat, when, and what to do for exercises in details.

In some of the success stories on here, some of our fellow BFL'ers started heavier than you are. Some of them were ALSO ill. They impressed us with their success. Don't let your "horror" story scare you out of your success. When you stay on the forums long enough you will see :o)

Good luck.

Courage isn't lack of fear. It's our ability to carry on despite our fear

• PLEASE DON'T JUMP IN AND START UNTIL YOU ARE FULLY READY AND COMMITTED....and that means reading the book cover to cover, maybe more than once.  I would also strongly recommend getting the journal, if you can afford it; it will help you with planning so much!!  You have to have the "right" reasons for wanting to lose the weight and then make a full commitment to honor your promise to yourself to become a better you.  You will need to plan your meals around your schedule and make sure you get your workouts in.  AND, come here often for the support you need and for any advice. Best wishes to you on your journey.

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"