"No Slack"...just do it!

• Day 76

Hello all!...This is the pay off week coming up. No matter how we all do...fighting through the holidays, sicknesses, injuries and victories. We will never be the same again. We will always have the know-how to overcome obstacles, eat correctly and exercise with a fierceness to make us our own champions. This is our last chance week of this challenge...so lets all end it like no other week before and leave nothing behind.

I finished my week 11 aerobic today and will be posting this weeks results in the morning. I'm going to be pushing harder than ever this coming week and am getting pretty excited.

Thanks for the journey and we'll see each other at the finish line.

Randy

• Day 77

Well we're down to the home stretch...In one hand it seems it was taking forever but in another it just flew by. I'm now dealing with life in a more positive light and pushing my way through life's little challenges more effectively.

Renee (my sweet twin sister) just called in that she has lost a couple more pounds for a grand total of 21 and a loss of 11 inches off her waist so far...Way to go Girl!

Here are my week 11 numbers...

Starting Weight, Body Fat, Body Mass

.....................................................................231 lb,  36.7 BF,  31.0 BM

1st wk........................................................223 lb,  29.7 BF,  30.2 BM

2nd wk.......................................................221 lb,  24.3 BF,  27.0 BM

3rd wk........................................................220 lb,  24.0 BF,  26.8 BM

4th wk........................................................217 lb,  23.3 BF,  26.5 BM

5th wk........................................................215 lb,  22.8 BF,  26.3 BM

6th wk........................................................212 lb,  22.0 BF,  25.9 BM

7th wk........................................................213 lb,  22.2 BF,  26.0 BM

8th wk........................................................208 lb,  20.5 BF,  25.3 BM

9th wk........................................................210 lb,  21.3 BF,  25.6 BM

10th wk......................................................207 lb,  20.6 BF,  25.3 BM

11th wk......................................................206 lb,  20.1 BF,  25.1 BM

Total loss...................................................25 lb,    16.6 BF,    5.9 BM

I'm going to finish this off strong...enjoy a couple weeks of "Active Rest"...then start C2 (my Son Ben will be joining me for his C1) on the 21st of Feb?...maybe :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

Randy

• SIMPLY FANTASTIC RANDY!!! So glad to hear your son is joining in. I'm trying to get my daughter on board as well. She has changed her mind a few times. Ben sure has a great role model!

• Day 80

Just had a wonderful Myoplex Smoothie with some fruit and a cup of coffee. Now it's time to head off to the gym for my last UBWO...my favorite of all. I didn't sleep real well last night due to the over analyzing of the upcoming few days. I've made a decision to work the program as it was written in the book but once again it's the little head games that come into play. Do I cut carbs?...do I add protein?...do I cut water?...do I go tan more?...do I?...do I?  What a great challenge, I get to make another choice and I will be able to say that I proudly gave it all I could.

I was real excited to see the winners of the 2010 challenges...it couldn't have come at a better time for an added boost to my challenge. Average people with amazing results that were achieved with hard work and dedication to bettering themselves. This brought everything into perspective...anyone could do this if they set their own goals and commit to the amazing 12 week transformation. After that I might just rub off and become a life time change.

Well, it's off to the gym...my sis Gayle and Dozer the dog are waiting to walk along. Last of the workouts so I plan this to be soooooo intense and I just might see a little more definition in those muscles I've worked so hard on.

Thanks for listening to me ramble on,

Randy

• I hope that UBWO was the best yet.  You've done amazing!  Like you said, isn't it amazing the kind of transformations that 'ordinary people' can have?  I'm one of those ordinary, ordinary people, so I thank God for that!!!

"In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins....not through strength but by perseverance." - H. Jackson Brown

"We conquer - not in brilliant fashion - we conquer by continuing." - George Mattheson

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." - Robert Collier

• Hi Bon...

Thanks for the kind words. My UBWO...Ha..The small Gym that I work out in is in a small town...and today everyone seemed to be there at the same time. All I wanted to do is to get in my last UBWO with no problems. Now how was I going to get to MY dumbbells? Well, that was another challenge in the many that have come up these last 3 months. I was not going to let this disrupt my last UBWO by golly! So it was off to plan B. I've been using all Dumbbells the last 4 weeks so I changed it up by doing bench presses using the barbell...and a few machines so it all came together with the intensity of an old pro. My last sets were biceps and by that time everyone had left so I was able to stay on track using my notes from the previous days.

I am feeling real good about my first challenge and all the improvements that have happened. I just can't believe we're only a few day until it's over. I would have liked to of had the smarts to do this 35 years ago.

I see you're going to be starting another challenge right away. Good for you! My son (30yrs old) is going to start with my little sister and I, probably at the end of Feb so I'm getting real excited about that. This BFL style appears to be life changing.

Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by,

Randy

• Wow you are almost done! Looking forward to seeing your final progress results.

“"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out..." - Robert J. Collier”

http://thisisbryanok.blogspot.com/

• Thanks Bryan,

It's 7am here and am about ready to head out the door for my last run of the challenge. I have been doing this on the elliptical but with plans today I'll do my last by running. Just finishing up my ice water and checkin' the emails. My sister and I will be putting up our results tomorrow afternoon some time before the superbowl as we have our pictures being taken also.

Today I'm really watching my carb, salt, and water intake and have my chicken ready to go.

Thanks again for checking in,

Randy

• Day 84....YAHOOOO!

Wow...it's over...our 12 weeks of structured eating and workouts. This has been an unbelievable journey with a transformation that I'm personally proud of. Thanks to everyone for your support.

Renee (my sweet twin sister and Peter's mother) came over and we took some after pictures. She lost a total of 24 lb....so proud of you sis!

Here are my week 12 numbers...

Starting Weight, Body Fat, Body Mass

.....................................................................231 lb,  36.7 BF,  31.0 BM

1st wk........................................................223 lb,  29.7 BF,  30.2 BM

2nd wk.......................................................221 lb,  24.3 BF,  27.0 BM

3rd wk........................................................220 lb,  24.0 BF,  26.8 BM

4th wk........................................................217 lb,  23.3 BF,  26.5 BM

5th wk........................................................215 lb,  22.8 BF,  26.3 BM

6th wk........................................................212 lb,  22.0 BF,  25.9 BM

7th wk........................................................213 lb,  22.2 BF,  26.0 BM

8th wk........................................................208 lb,  20.5 BF,  25.3 BM

9th wk........................................................210 lb,  21.3 BF,  25.6 BM

10th wk......................................................207 lb,  20.6 BF,  25.3 BM

11th wk......................................................206 lb,  20.1 BF,  25.1 BM

12th wk......................................................201 lb, 18.8 BF,  24.5 BM

Total loss...................................................-30 lb,  -17.9 BF, -5.9 BM

I will be posting my pictures and measurements within the next couple days. Now it's on to our Super Bowl Party and to finish up my free day with a ton of food being prepared by Gayle and Vern. Ribs...Tri Tip...Burgers...etc...etc. Of course I started it off with a Myoplex and Fruit Smoothie...Yummy!

Have a great day everyone,

Randy

• Randy!!!!!!  Wow!!!!  30 pounds of fat gone and 17.9% body fat!!!

Woop.  You've done an incredible job.  Those results show that you gave it everything you had.  Job so very well done!

And give your sister 'a job well done' also.  Woo hoo.

"In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins....not through strength but by perseverance." - H. Jackson Brown

"We conquer - not in brilliant fashion - we conquer by continuing." - George Mattheson

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." - Robert Collier

• Regards,

Lori

• Day 84

So comes the end of this journey and the start of a new life for me. I've learned so much about myself through this...some good and some not so good. It is what I do from here on out that's going to make the difference. I'm looking forward to being back within a week or two for my 2nd challenge with my sisters Renee, Gayle, and my son Ben...who knows who else. I also know that I have received a lot of support from my nephew SFC(P) Peter E. Bjorklund in Afghanistan and all of you...Thanks.

Here is a progress photo of my first challenge with my twin Renee...she's such a sweetie!

• Randy,

Dude!!!!

look at you, i'm mega excited for you but really bummed that i dont have anywhere near the results you do.

Fantastic job, very very motivational, VERY!!!!!!!

Enjoy your new body bud, you deserve it!!!AWESOME JOB!

• Mom & Uncle Randy - A job well done! Simply an amazing effort and dedication!  Great photos and you have added precious years to your life and you both look so much younger!  Enjoy this feeling and continue improving your life and most importanly, helping others....Liam is so proud of you Grandma! I will see you all soon. Love always, Pete

• Thanks Lori, Bonnie, Donald and Peter!...It's because of people like you who go out of your way to give people like me some encouragement and a pat on the back that help make this truly an amazing journey. I feel totally blessed. :)

Randy