Accepting the challenge

• Accepting the BFL challenge is a tough one for me. There are so many crutches in my life right now...my lower back problems, laziness, food, it never ends...

How did you come to the realization that enough was enough? I quit smoking 2 months ago after 2 packs/day for 15 years...and now I feel that I need to at least attempt the next step..running is gonna suck (can't breathe) but walking is highly possible for me.

Any tips are greatly appreciated.

• Coming to the realization is different for everyone I think.  Be it health issues, unhappiness in your physical appearance, just unhappy in life in general and need to make a change.

In the short time I have been here I have seen many many people join all fired up after reading the book, but the reality is completion of the challenge is around 5%. I know I failed it in the past and quit.Why? My mind wasn't in the right place.

The crutches as you said were stronger than my will to change.  This time, with my mind in the right place and my desire to succeed is strong and getting stronger each week.

My advice is to spend some quiet time and really focus your mind on WHY you want to make a change. Right down your goals and dreams and what you are willing to do to reach for them. Then every morning and every evening review those goals and dreams and commit to doing them the next day, and so on.  In the end this challenge is 90% or more mental. If your mind is focused and in the right place your body will follow.

I won't wish you luck, because luck has nothing to do with it. Instead I congratulate you on taking the first steps and wish you success in your journey.