Week Four: Trials and Hardship

• Well its week for of the challange for my wife and I and we are doing well, even though we got news this past thursday of the death of a family member to Heart Disease. Although this is a difficult trial I see the need today more than ever to complete this challange and change my life for good. The family member that passed away had given up awhile ago and actually started sabatoging his own health with his eating habits, after recieving the news that he had heart disease. I need to complete this challange, it is probably the most important health decision I have ever made. In addition I would like to thank all the people that offered my wife and I some words of encouragment when My wife and I were running out of steam after 2 1/2 weeks, words cannot express the gratitude I feel for the quick responses I recieved on this forum, you folks whether you know it or not are already champions regardless of whether or not you were crowned officially by EAS. My goal is to not just break through the walls of indifference and apathy, my goal is to demolish them so that I don't ever find myself in this situation again!

Rest in Peace, Uncle Luis This BFL challange is for you!     

• Very sorry for your loss Noel. It is never easy to lose a loved one.

It really does bring home the point though doesn't it. Many of us here were potentially eating our way to an early grave with poor nutrition and lack of exercise.  

Keep on pushing and reminding yourselves YOU are WORTH the effort!

• Sorry for your loss, but thank you for your positive attitude. Some good will come from the bad in life if we choose that perspective.

Today's Mighty Oak is yesterdays Nut that held its Ground!

• Sorry to hear about the loss of your loved one.  Yes, now is the time to take control of your life, so you are never in that situation.  You will come out of this stronger and with a real feeling of accomplishment.  Good luck to you and your wife completing this challenge!!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• Some times through adversity comes the shining light.  Your post is just that.  You already understand the reasons that you need and want to change.   You are well on the way to achieving your goals!!

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory