Stomach flu in my last week!

• So it's my last week.  I haven't missed one workout and bam... the stomach flu hits my house.  I got 1 hour sleep last night b/c I was taking care of my sick 2 year old (and myself) and then I had to take the train downtown to take my National Boards test  this morning that I've been studying for for a year, on 1 hour sleep, trying not to puke, 101 fever.  I almost started crying on the way there and really wanted to turn around and go home.  Then I said to myself, "You can do this."  I used everything I learned from this program to dig deep, find energy like I do when I'm hitting my 10s and get through.  4 hours later, I stumbled out of the testing site, eyes glazed, exhausted, and yet proud that I've proven to myself again that I can push through obstacles and win.  So I missed my workout today, and I hope the lack of sleep and lack of food and water for 2 days won't affect me too bad.  I will rest today and push forward until I am done on Monday.  Fitting into my smaller jeans was my biggest accomplishment with BFL until today, when I crossed a new abyss and realized that I decide the outcome no matter what life throws at me.  I no longer give up on myself, I don't throw in the towel.  I think I did pretty well on that test today, and the fact that I started it at all, just like with BFL continues to be my biggest victory!  4 days left and I bet I learn something else about myself before it's over!

runninggrl :)

• Runninggrl:

YOU ROCK!! Great job!!  Keep up the good work.

Julie

• Congrats on a great final push.  This last week of the challenge can be filled even more incredible results.  So you can be sure your dedication and commitment are going to be well rewarded.  I threw my back out during the last week of one of my challenges, and I was damned if it was going to sideline me.  As it turns out, I think it healed even faster because I kept moving.

But be smart while you're working injured/sick and protect yourself in whatever way is necessary.  Getting enough sleep and resting with a off day are going to help you make it to the end.

Great going...now just continue to Lift Heavy!!!

10's in exercise and nutrition = 10's in life

• Hey Runninggrl, I was sick my last week of my first challenge also.  And my 16 month old as well so I can relate.  But good job on keep your mental strength.  But also, don't down if you need to give your body a legitimate rest.  I actually got sick five times during my challenge.  Four of them I pushed through and worked out anyway, but the last one really got me and I knew it was time to just rest and recover.  Rest and recover if needed, but never stop.  Best wishes!