Week 10, something finally hit home.

• So I am having a bit of a sad these past few days.  It has taken 10 weeks for something to finally get into my thick skull. 

These past few days I have been mourning the loss of my old friends Mac and his buddy Cheese, Cap'n Crunch, Papa John, Long John Silver, Betty Crocker and Sara Lee among others.  I mention them as a joke, but, I really get it now how I can't have them visiting much anymore.  

The difference between a 12 week challenge and a lifestyle change means that I HAVE to give them up.  I have for too long placed too much power in these kinds of food to make me feel good and satisfied temporarily.  

I have been watching The Biggest Loser for years now and this last week they had a few past contestants on the show and many of them regained all the weight they lost.  One guy who won the competition regained like 200 lbs.  AFTER ALL THAT HARD WORK.  He wasn't ready to give up the unhealthy ways.

It might just turn out that the rest of my life is one 12 week challenge after another.  I guess I'm going to be alright with that as long as it makes me feel as good as I do right now.  Don't worry about me though, my new friends Abe Domen, Bicep McGunns and Rip Quads will keep me company.

• Sounds like you had an "aha!" moment. And those "friends" are still around for a visit if you choose to on free days. If it makes you feel better, "friends" don't do you harm!! So make them more of an aquaintance, and you should be fine. I am also a Biggest Loser fan and have realized that to truly get a hold on the whole "healthy for life" thing, you can't just be shooting for a specific goal weight, date, or any other single thing because once you hit that goal it is too easy to go backward. It has to become "normal" for you to eat healthy and exercise, not just a means to an end. Not saying that goals are bad, but the ultimate goal is being healthy for the rest of your life!

The only thing that can stop me. . . . . . . . . . is ME!!!!         JEN

• James you crack me up in that last sentence.  Let me say from experience the hardest part about the 12 week Body-for-Life Challenge is when it's over.  People like to thing they are magically cured from all that ails them and the end of the challenge is only the beginning of the life style.  After my initial weight loss and 3 challenges, I still didn't get it.

Only this last year has it really sunk in that I control food, it doesn't control me.  New Year's Eve was the best day I have had in a very long time.  As I sat there with Hubs watching the new year's celebrations it occured to me that for the first time in my adult life I wasn't cleaning out things getting ready to "start a diet" on New Year's Day.  

What a great day indeed.

Congratulations on your realization.  BTW, Lucky Charms was my best friend.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• LOL that cracks me up because I'm in mourning the old buddies too. Mr. Alfredo is badly missed.

It is a life change. I don't see this as just something to do for 12 weeks and then it's over. It is all about changing who you are from the inside out. You can't do one without the other.

I have been a fan of the Biggest Loser too. I LOVE seeing the contestants change mentally and physically. It's sad to see how some of them fell back into their old routines and regained the weight. I think the main motivation was the $$$$$. In order to change it has to be for the right reasons. Money comes and goes but your body is forever.  

• James good stuff you crack me up!

Tisha :-) “Running won't kill you, you'll pass out first!"