what the heck happened?

• Ok, so I know we are not suppose to look at the scale but I do weigh once a week on a Monday. I went to the gym and before the workout i weighed in. Much to my dismay, I was 3-4 lbs heavier than the previous week!! I had my free day on Sunday and drank a coke for the first time in weeks and handful of chips..could it  be water retention because of the salt? Just not sure what is going on? Any ideas?

Altheia

• Altheia,  I get post free day water retention frequently.  It is usually back to normal 2 days after.  What I have found helps a little bit with this is continuing to drink lots of water on free day.

• Hi A,

I started wk 8 today.  My advice is to keep reading the boards as much as you can.  Everyone's body is different and they all do their quirky things.  Just DO the program and, if you are pretty much true to it, you'll see the results.

I was losing 1-1/2 to 2 lbs every week for a while...then in wk 6 ... dead stop ... like you, I went into panic mode....started doing more reading on this site, posted, reviewed my journal....turns out, I needed more fiber....not enough roughage so now I eat Romaine like crazy, and secondly, not realizing it I wasn't keeping up with my water enough...unless you keep track it can really slip.  So now, I fill a gallon jug every day and keep track that way.

Find what works...alot of it is YOU'RE MIND SET; if you're true to yourself and your goal, you'll get there.  Good luck...hope this helps.

Tammy - Atlanta

You Get What You Give -'... if you feel your dream is dying...hold on tight...you've got the music in you...you only get what you give.'  (New Radicals)

• Thanks for the reply James.  I usually drink my coffee that I miss so much during the week and drink some water but probably not enough. will try that next week

• Thanks myfitgoal! lol looked for your name but couldn't find. Thank you for your input. Great stuff and will continue on this journey.

• Althiea,  I'm Tammy from Atlanta...if you click on my pic you can see my disgusting photos!

Have a great day tomorrow...just keep going; you're doing it all right.

Tammy - Atlanta

You Get What You Give -'... if you feel your dream is dying...hold on tight...you've got the music in you...you only get what you give.'  (New Radicals)

• Altheia--

Not that I'm a pro at 2.5 weeks, but here's a thought...  I weigh, measure, take pics every Sunday morning before I've done or eaten anything.  That way, I don't get the Monday morning blues after a free day.  Rather, I get to see the payoff of a full week's work, enjoy my rest day, and let the next week take care of itself.

Becky

• That's a GREAT idea! I think I'll do that too! That way, the results are "unbiased"! BTW - congrats on the pregnancy! If this is your first, you have NO IDEA what love is yet! LOL

Today is the day to NOT quit!!!! <3 EARGAL

• Yep, it's my first!!  VERY excited!!