week 6 newbie-hit a wall

• BTW - whatever you do tongiht CC will either take you closer, or further from your goal. ITS UP TO YOU.

I am pretty confident when you will make a good choice. :)

• Thinking of that final workout makes me cry already and I'm not even there yet!  Thank you for your words of encouragement, Legs!  I already feel better and stronger from spending a little time on this forum tonight.  Now, off to watch the DVD while I drift off to sleep and dream of COMPLETION!  

I know the challenge doesn't end on Day 84....I'm in this for the long haul....but in the short-term, if I can just make it to the first "finish line"...well, that would be GREAT!

• Good morning CC - hope you woke up feeling all proud and beautiful, strong and determined. Have a great day - and keep checking in here, reading and keeping positive thoughts about your challenge whirling in your head.

If your head is in the game, your body plays along. It's just that simple.

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!

• i felt this at Week 6 too!  Hang tough!  You've come so far and you will go so much further.  The difference between this and everything else I've ever done to get in shape is that I'm not happy with looking "better".  I want to look and feel my "best". I love Legs advice about Eat, drink and be merry on your free day and "be merry" on the others.

runninggrl :)

• So nice of you to check back in, Legs!  I really do feel the camaraderie of this community lifting me up when I am feeling down!  

I did wake up refreshed and started the day as if it were like any other.  I think the biggest lesson I will learn during this Challenge is that not every day, not every workout, not every meal is going to be perfect, but that is NOT AN EXCUSE to give up.   THAT is the difference for me this time....my abyss.  Aim for persistence, not perfection!

Thanks again for being there for me!

• CC: That is exactly it - it is hard to be perfect every day, the main thing is keep at it every day. Finish the 12 weeks this time. The weeks will pass whether you do good for your body or not.

Have a great week all. YOU ONE WEEK CLOSER TO YOUR PROMISE TO FINISH 12 SHORT WEEKS.

• Musclebound,

I'm right there with you! Today is C1W7D1, and last week was miserable for me! I've had a stupid head cold, to add to it, but I kept telling myself that I couldn't let a head cold derail me - if THAT would throw me off, then ANYThing could throw me off!

I'm determined, though. I promised this to myself, and if I can't trust myself, who can I trust?  I'm leaner, more toned, more energetic, happier, sleeping better, more "me" than I've been in years.... am I willing to throw in the towel and give all of that away? Heck no!!

To top it off, I've only lost like 3 pounds on the scale, but I know that I'm replacing quite a bit of my FAT with muscle - I can see it in the mirror and feel it when I had to wear a belt this morning lest my pants fall off! (And I teach high school - that would be incredibly bad form!)

Focus on all of the good that is coming out of this. Are you stronger? More energetic? Happier? More focused? Mediate on these things and the rest will follow! :D

~Kimmie

"The limits you are living with right now, in every aspect of your existence, have been created by your mind. They are perceptions. And they are holding you back. You are capable of far more than you think you are." -Bill Phillips

• Thank you all for your response and posts

Well started week 7 with a revelation.

Was sitting at dinner last night with my daugter when it hit me.

We were sitting eating a healthy meal , not in front of the Tv, not from the microwave BUT.... a real dinner that I had prepared. WOW.. when did that happen?

There are so many wonderful things that happen -not just weight loss-but a better life.

Thank you all for your kind words.

• wow lots of great advice on this post. I amjust on week three but want to print this out to keep it handy. Thanks to all.