Indoor cardio w/o machines

• Hi I'm starting a new challenge today! Very excited. I was able to complete one 2 years ago (after my first child and 10 years of sporatically trying) and am now ready to get the baby weight off from my second child.

I was wondering if anyone had any tips on cardio. I have a baby and a toddler, and while my workouts have been consigned to after bedtime, I am stumped on what to do for cardio. I can't always leave the house to run or ride my bike (husband is military and gone frequently). I have tossed around the idea of jumping jacks and jumping rope. Has anyone had a successfull indoor cardio routine?

Thanks

• Go to Wal-Mart and check out DVD's with Jillian Michaels and Bob Harper.  They have a lot of cardio dvd workouts available.  

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM

• Jumping rope for an entire HIIT would be really kick butt.  I wouldn't have the stamina.  Go for it, girl!  Keep it simple.  Videos might be an idea, but remember that they would likely include more than HIIT cardio, which would throw the rest of your program. Maybe there's one just for cardio.  That would allow you to break it up.  Years ago there was a BFL Champion that did his HIIT by running in place in the bathroom.... SERIOUSLY.  You can do this!  Also, obviously I don't know your financial situation, but maybe buy a cheaper fold up rowing machine?  That would be a good one.  

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• An aerobic step from the thrift store is a good way to go, also could mix it up with "Mountain Climbers" and other calisthenics. I find that music really helps keep me motivated. (Even if you'd have to play it low because of the kids...) Or just dance like no one is watching! You can do it!

• I enjoyed Shawn T's DVDs but they were very intense!

• Yes, Insanity and Focus T25 work your butt off...sweat all over the floor...lol

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM