Starting 9/16/2013

• Hi there,

I've been thinking about starting this program off an on for years.  13+ years ago I was in the military and about 130 pounds lighter.  Even then I would follow the body for life workouts with friends just for fun and because we saw results.  I never fully dove into the entire program with eating and exercise though.  Many of my friends did, and it worked great for them.  I'm hoping to have the same results myself. 

I'll be starting next Monday (9/16) so that I have time to go shopping this weekend and hope to stick it out for the full 12 weeks!

Thanks,

Steven G

• Hey,

I just saw your post,

I started on the 16th too! I can't believe a week has gone by already, it's been challenging to hit the high-points, even during running which I have done a lot of before....

Did you start on the16th?

Best,

Galina

• I sure did.  This is my first day of week 2.  

The workouts have been good.  I can feel it in my muscles the next day or two after lifting which helps to reinforce that I know it is doing something.  Today I'm switching from doing the lifting at home to joining my marine buddy from my old job.  When we had lifted before I always pushed that much harder and ended up with better results, so I'm hoping it will help with this.  He is familiar with the program from his own experience and some of his other troops int he past, so that should be good.

My cheat day was probably the worst I felt all week.  I had looked forward to a few specific things, but once I finally ate them it just felt like a lead bar was sitting in my stomach.  I think I may swith it to a cheat meal this weekend.  Just wasn't as rewarding to eat all the bad food as I thought it would be.

• Steven, congratulations.  I have been thinking about starting for years and I am going to start today 9/30/2013.

We are both going to do great.

thanks,

arlady

• Steven, congrats on starting! How do you coordinate with a partner on bfl? Do you both follow the same workout? I know what you mean about the cheat days, it no longer feels so good. Yet on thursday of last week I started to get sweet cravings. (I normally have them every day) Today I didn't really have any as I find eating so frequently keeps me feeling content :D

Do your muscles ache the next day? What do you do for stomach exercises? My stomach muscles were not aching like my leg muscles were after last weeks leg workout :( 

Good luck on this week I'm looking forward to hearing about your experiences!

• Yesterday was the first day with my friend, and man am I sore today.  I definitely missed this feeling the first week when I was lifting by myself.  Yeah, we both followed the same workout.  He was honestly there just to help me out and motivate me, so he didn't care what routine we were doing.  Plus, he said that with us working out 3 afternoons a week, it keeps him out of the bar and feeling healthier instead.  :)

There are a couple ab machines at the gym that I like to use.  I'm not sure what they are called, but one effectively has you doing crunches and one has you lifting weight by twisting your lower body and keeping your upper body stationary.  I also throw in some leg lifts and scissor kicks and things like that.

Luckily I rarely get sweet cravings.  I tried to cut out most sweets a while ago, but fast food and fried foods are my weakness.  So far it hasn't been too bad, and I've even turned down all the food my kids have offered me when I they have junk food.  It's tough, but it feels good to have and work on that willpower.

• That's a real nice friend :)

I think the muscle aches gradually disappear as the weeks go by. I did a leg workout yesterday but didn't get any muscle aches today.