Week 4 gained 3lbs so far

• This is not the start to this program i was hoping for.

Woke up this morning and i gained another pound!

I've only missed 2 work outs in 4 weeks. 1 due to illness and one due to a conflict in schedule and i didnt go to the gym first thing in the am.

Been following the workouts and diet pretty religiously.

Cut out almost all sugar, beer and starchy high glycemic carbs except for free day, I even backed off going overboard on the free day after i felt nascious all night after eating to much greasy food. I've even started eating as much organic produce as possible and only using protein powders and bars that are artificial sweetener free.

I've even made my own protein breakfast bars to have with coffee!

I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW I AM GAINING WEIGHT!

Sure i may be gaining muscle, but seriously how much could i realistically be building?

My body composition doesn't look different, my pants are fitting the same.

I do notice that i am stronger. I'm not keeping track of the weight used since i rotate machines/exercises each work out, but i can tell that where i used to start is to light and im def hitting the 10 mark frequently.

My food/routine for the day typically looks like:

4:15 am wake 1 serving Low Cal FRS

5:15 Work Out

7 am Home Made Protein Bar

9:30 am 1 serving ON Oats and whey, 1 serving greens plus wild berry burst, Bananna

12:15 serving of protein with salad or veggies and 1/2cup fruit

3:30 protein Bar

6:30 serving of protein with salad or veggies and 1/2cup fruit

Water...lots of water... so much that i am developing BAS (bathroom anxiety syndrome)

Whats that? you wanna go to the farmers market? Is there a restroom? IS there one on the way there? MAke sure i go before i leave work, casue im gonna have to go as soon as i get home too!

Now, i go to bed around 9pm so i dont have that 6th meal all the time. I do get up in the middle of the night and eat peanut butter, so i count that.

Please please please give me some advice.

I know the program has to work, or all these stories are fake!

• You didn't mention how much weight you have to lose, but the program works.  Read the original book.  Eat by the book - a protein portion like chicken, fish, or lean beef, and a carb source at each meal.  Save bars and shakes for your between meals.  Three weight workouts alternating with 3 HIIT cardio workouts.  Free day shouldn't have anything to do with it unless it's more than one free day.  I have always had a full all-out free day and if my other 6 days are right then it doesn't cause me any trouble.  You said you've only missed 2 workouts and you are following the diet "pretty religiously" but you've gained 3 pounds in 4 weeks on the program.  I've followed BFL for 8 years now.  When I follow the program by the book, I get great results.  When I don't follow as strictly, the results aren't as good.  So, starting the program, give yourself 12 weeks by the book.  Avoid even the small indiscretions.  You're not going to be perfect - nobody is.  But you want to give it your very best effort 6 days a week.  Enjoy your free day, but buckle down the other 6 days and you'll get the results you want.  

You can do this!  The program works.  Best of luck.

• What Dave said!!

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM