Into Week 3...not seeing much progress...and having a hard time shutting negative inner voice!!!

• Haven't skipped a work out, planning and sticking to my meal plan, writting in my "Success Journal" every day but not seeing much results...I know my metabolism is sluggish from years and years of binging and dieting, don't want to weight myself cause I know that muscle is heavier than fat and I would be so disapointed if the number on the scale didn't move....so, how do I shut that nagging inner voice who is trying to convince me this isn't going to work!!!
  • What good would quitting do you?  Not doing anything is how you got to where you were when you started.  Binge eating and not following a nutritious diet is how you got to where you were when you started.  You're only in your 3rd week.  Give it time.  Make sure your portions are correct and hit all your workouts with all you can give.  Do this and the results will come.  It took years to build your body of shame.  Don't quit in week 3 because you don't have your Body for Life yet.

-Mike

• This is my 5th month on body for life when i started my weight was 270lbs i weighted in last sunday at 228lbs. The first 4 weeks were hard and didn't see much results but then i started to loss and see and feel much better . Try to stick to the plan stay positive and results will come.

• Mike your right!! I always tell my self i didn't get to 270lbs over night and I'm not going to lose it over night ether. stay focused and stick to the plan my friend it works. Remember you are what you eat!!!

• I think it was in the Body for Life Champions book where I read that it takes the normal 6-8 weeks for men and 8-10 for women to really notice a difference.  There is always the exception to where you would see something sooner, and some would not see anything until the end.  The thing I tell my girlfriend, everytime she complains about her build and weight, is that this is a marathon not a sprint.  She quit smoking 4yrs ago yesterday and put on 20+ lbs the first yr she quit. She works out and eats the same way I do, but her body still is not use to not having nicatine and so she has not lost or gained any weight since.  Doc's tell her she is at her weight that her body wants her to be.  To me she looks healthy and great, but what do I know about women?...Not a Damn thing....lol  We just keep on keeping on...someday she will accept the way she looks...to me is BEAUTIFULL!!  Now I want my cookie....lol

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM

• Great words of advise...i am on my first week and the only thing I have noticed is my body isnt as sore as it use to be...to me thats wonderful...but its hard..i barely can afford the bills let alone food for a family of three...have you ever noticed how cheap crao food is and exspensive healthy foods are...$10 for 1 pound of deli roasted chicken sandwhich meat....nuts simply nuts

• If you have a food store that does rotisory chicken, buy that and cut it up into slices for sandwich meat.  Discard the skin first..lol...lots of fat there.  It might be thick at first, but with practice you can slice it pretty thin, and you can get 2 for the price of one deli ball!!  Will have less sodium in it and taste much better.

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM