BFLDIVAS 2013 Round TWO

• Hello Shelly, Des, Clare, and anyone else thinking of jumping back in like I am. . .

I said I would post my measurements for an accountability:

Weight-135 lbs.

Bust-36

Waist-27 1/2

Hips- 40

Thigh- 23 and 231/2

Upper Arms 11 1/2 and 11

I haven't been doing this program for weeks now, but today is my first official day of jumping back in.  Yesterday was our son's 17th birthday with his favorite meal being Chicken Tortellini Bake and Heath Bar Cake.  I joined the family for this special meal and day, so today I start BFL.  Clare your pics look good, Des I am glad you are feeling better, sounds like it was miserable, and Shelley I understand your hesitation, as I didn't do great the first time either.  I am just going to take this a day at a time and try not to look too far ahead.  Let's forgive ourselves and move on!

• Book It- good to see you are officially on board.  Thanks for your comments.  I am going forward...

Yesterday (Sunday) was an on day...good with food, but I planned on cardio in evening but in-laws took ups out for dinner (chicken, veggies and couscous-good)...but didn't get home until 9:15 and was exhausted.  Didn't knock myself too much for that because on Saturday/ free day I walked 80 minutes.  

Today started day with lower body.  I think I can up weight next time.  It's a good WO but not breaking 10s all the time.

Of course I have my 12 week goals...but I am also trying to motivate myself for smaller time frame goals.  I have a wedding coming up in exactly 4 weeks.  I am tempted to have a weight lose (pounds) goals, but know how detrimental (?sp?) it can be.  But for sure I want to use that time as a goal for significant results.  If I look at it in 4 week increments perhaps I can motivate myself to be stricter and have fewer food slips and motivate myself to up my input in my workouts.

After that 4 week goal, 4 weeks later is the end of the school year, and I plan on using that as another motivating goal.  As a teacher I have an end of the year graduation with my nursery class...wouldn't it be so nice if the parents would notice..and comment "Miss Shelley...you look great"...Could happen..right?  Also that would give me momentum to keeep a t it when school ends....and then start my 3rd challenge in July from a succcessful point.

well that's my plan!

Question Ladies...help me commit to upping my weights during my WOs.  I am so tight on time in the AM that sometimes I don't want to take weights off barbell and swtich up...I know it sounds ridiculous, but excuses are excuses!

Tonght chicken, veggies, and sweet potato...and then?? apple and cottage cheese.

Tmw morning cardio in the streets.....I actually like it (shocking) and I know I am reaching my 9s and 10s!!!!!!!!

ps I am still going to post pics....just need my husband for first time (By the way, I told you he just started BFL and he said to me...........if anything...now I have a new understanding and appreciation for what you do and how hard it is)

• Miss you guys, hope everything is ok.   Feel a little on my own.  I'm thinking of looking into another, or at least addition thread.  I think we need feedback on a regular basis.  I look forward to your responses so that I can determine if that makes more sense.

thanks, Shelley

• Hey Shelley,

I agree that you need the feedback that works to motivate and help you.  Definitely go to other posts if that is what works best for you.  So glad to hear that your husband is on board with you!

I have to evaluate if this is the best time for me to actually  commit to doing the whole BFL program.  In addition to my full time and part time job, I am also taking a college class to keep my teaching license, and, our oldest child is graduating from high school and we are having his graduation party in 3 weeks.  I am in over my head.  After that we will be taking a family trip to take him to college 21 hours away.  I think I need to focus on keeping the gains I made during the 7 weeks I stuck with BFL.  I plan on continuing to walk/jog, and to lift weights.  I will probably not be pushing myself, but doing what I can to maintain, and balance everything else we have going on in our lives right now.  I will be checking in every now and then, but can't commit to the whole program right now.  I am glad I posted my measurements, because I do want to maintain or improve those over the next few months.

Shelley, you do need feedback on a regular basis, if you are doing the whole BFL plan, and want to see the changes you are striving for in the 12 week time frame.  So, go for it.  You are not letting anyone down.  Your are making decisions based on what works best for you.  I am proud of all of us, for putting in this effort.

• Hi guys,

Agree Shelley when you are in the frame of mind this forum is needed, I struggled with the slowness of it the first time round.

Have been sick too, stomach flu for a week which has completely de railed me as don't feel like being healthy when I'm sick, just want cups of tea and biscuits. I'm gonna start again but at the moment I need to rest. Will jump back on tomorrow but officially on Monday.  Think I'm stressed with work and looking after my mum at the moment too. Plus I've fallen out with my brother. All stupid excuses but the emotional eating creeps back in.

Shelley, I don't up the weights. I use free weights and it takes too long. I up them as time goes by but not during the workout. I'm still getting sore etc so I don't care. My arms are thinner than he have ever been so I know it's working.

I agree with bookit. Going for balance at the moment and that's dong me just fine at present.  

Back on it Monday and will hopefully then back and going strong. Will just be nice to feel better at the moment.

• Hi Clare- Hope you are starting to feel like your old self and ready to begin again on Monday.  BTW Des is still around.  She can't seem to post on the site anymore.  I've communicated with her on facebook.  She's been reading posting, but can't post herself.  Hopefully she'll be able to soon.

Book-It, it probably does make sense to wait until you are fully able to commit.  Look for us (me) when u do get back, I'll be around for a while.

Which brings me to how I am feeling lately.  I am at day 19 of my second challenge.  Honest to G-d I have done every single workout (with 1 exception).  I would say my eating in certainly 90% on target.  The 10% "off" is a handful of this or that but nothing off the charts.  My big struggle now is that mentally I can't wrap my head around the fact that on challenge 1 I was as committed, so excited and enthusiastic and ultimately I GAINED WEIGHT.  Can't get over it.  Can't get over that I weight 186.  Can't get over that before this my heaviest was 176.  Can't get over that I hadn't excercised in 2+ years and somehow I have been workingout since Jan 1 (except for 2+ weeks between challenges) and I have gained.  can't get past the fact that I have so so so much to lose and I gained and probably am not budging much now.  

If I were YOU reading this I would question (doubt)  my honesty.  But this is legit.  And it is so hard, emotionally, this go around.  Because I not only didn't success...I failed...and have myself in a worst position than when I started challenge 1.

Last go around I was so happy and upbeat.  Now I am physically pushing myself even more, but I feel like a loser.  My husband joined me for this challenge (he's at the end of his 2nd week).  He now has a much different appreciation for how difficult it is and how he is even more impressed with my perserverance .  He suggests I get a physical exam and maybe it's my thyroids or something.  I probably will in the summer once the school year is over.  But I hate assuming there's a reason (excuse)...when it usually ends up nothing.  I always want to have my weight down for my doctor's visit (isn't that ridiculous)

I have every intention of sticking to it...but I want to be upbeat and happy..this is really getting me down.

I also miss you girls...and I feel it's too late in the challenge to join another thread that's more daily.

Sorry to whine so much.  But this is really where my head and heart are lately.

xxxooo,

Shelley

p.s. Clare - re taking care of your Mum...as hard as it is, don't be hard on yourself.  This is precious time that you can never turn back the clock on.  Give everything you can to your Mum..(if you can't do everything..everything you DO give ..is ultimately your "all".  I am positive your Mum knows it !  And is grateful.  Have no regrets about what you do now, and you will have peace later.  As far as your brother, I am sure this has to do with your Mum.  It's terrible to have quarrels with those that we should be able to depend on.  But sometimes even those that are close don't see things the same way.  G-d willing, you will come back together at some point .  Take care of yourself.

• shelleystime,

Please have Des contact us about her troubles posting on the site. We would like to have our team look into this for her! She can either click on the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of this pag or send a direct email to eascustomerservice@abbott.com

~Tiffany, the BFL Team

• thanks Tiffany..will do!

• Hi Clare- hope you are feeling better and were able to get back to challenge on Monday.  Let us (?) know how you are doing.

I'm doing good.  Working out everyday...actually loving cardio (big switch)....food pretty good...trying to predict challenging situations or times..and be prepared and proactive. (for instance, right now I'm chewing sugarless gum...I'm not a gum person, but I now keep a pack in my car and the kitchen...I rarely have it, but it's the just in case I have a snacking urge between meals).  Sunday marks week #4....I know I lost a little already in inches (took some measurements out of curiosiosity) but I'm nervous about the scale.  But I move forward.

• Hi Clare- hope you are feeling better and were able to get back to challenge on Monday.  Let us (?) know how you are doing.

I'm doing good.  Working out everyday...actually loving cardio (big switch)....food pretty good...trying to predict challenging situations or times..and be prepared and proactive. (for instance, right now I'm chewing sugarless gum...I'm not a gum person, but I now keep a pack in my car and the kitchen...I rarely have it, but it's the just in case I have a snacking urge between meals).  Sunday marks week #4....I know I lost a little already in inches (took some measurements out of curiosiosity) but I'm nervous about the scale.  But I move forward.

• Hi !!! Shelley you sound so much more positive! So glad to hear you are losing inches!!!! I haven't been on the scales for weeks-ditched them. But have lost another inch around my waist, bit concerned about my upper arms as have gone up!!!!! Lol you are not a loser! You are here and looking to better yourself, that's not what losers do. Be nice to yourself! You are here and you are exercising and eating well and the rewards will come! Results are slow for me too but I don't want to go back to the relationship I had with food before. It was destructive. Keep going, the fact that you are still going after not losing much means to me you are the most dedicated of us all. Everyone wants results fast, it doesn't always happen but this is a life change not a challenge. Keep going Shelley, I'm sorry I haven't posted more, have been so busy.

Thank you also for your kind words, all sorted with my brother now. He's starting o act like a grown up now :-) xxxxxxxxxx

Still plugging away.  Will endeavour to post more. We are still here, still going, we didn't give up! That's pretty impressive isn't it? Yay to us!!!!!!