Exercise is the fun part

• Hello BFLer's! I started my 1st challenge yesterday 3/1713, and it was rough. I have no support at home, or at work. It seems like I'm surrounded by people who laugh at the notion of becoming a "healthier me," and there's a part of me that wishes I could go into hiding for these next 12 weeks until I get my cravings under control. Exercising has always been easy for me, I get up everyday and hit the gym, but my diet is HORRIBLE!

I want to lose 30-35lbs, but mostly focused on wanting to complete an Iron Man and having a SLAMMING body at the finish line.

Anyone else feel alone on this journey?

• This brings back memories of how some of my family members reacted when I told them about the Challenge. My kids looked at me like I was crazy. My diet was in need of an overhaul. I religiously used my food journal during the entire Challenge. Looking at everything on paper was easier for me. I used Myoplex Lite shakes and EAS Lean 15 bars to curb cravings.  I no longer keep a food journal but I acquired much healthier eating habits through the Challenge. Just keep your mindset and try to ignore all the comments. You are off to a great start! I just received my PowerBlocks today! They are awesome - I can't wait to work out with them! You will never regret completing the Challenge!

Carolyn Aragon

Body-for-LIFE Champion 2012, Women 46+

• Caryolyn offers great advice!  I can only underscore the importance of the diet.  The workout has always been easy for me too.  A few years back, I competed in an olympic distance triathlon (nowhere near an IRONMAN).  When I saw the pictures taken at the event, I couldn't believe how fat I was... even when I was "in shape" to compete for over 2.5 hours!  I had given 0 focus to my diet during my training, and even though I crossed the finish line, I definitely did not look great doing it.  

• carolyn- How many pounds are each dumbbell in the set they sent you?  I have a set that I use when I can't make it to the gym and I love them.  I'm gong to have to buy an upgrade though so I can hit 10s when I stay at home.  I want to expand mine to 125lbs per hand.  Just wondering if they sent you the top of the line set.

• The diet is awesome.  I seem to have a lot more energy than my old self.  You're going to do awesome if you were running those kinds of races with sloppy nutrition before!

• I got the U-90 Stage II - 90 set. They have a weight range of 5-90 pounds. They are expandable to 125 pounds with an expansion kit. It looks like it would be the U-90 Stage III kit.  They are so nice! I love them!

Carolyn Aragon

Body-for-LIFE Champion 2012, Women 46+

• Thanks for the confidence and validation. I'm on day four, and kicking butt! I was given a Starbucks hot chocolate which is like crack for me, I gave it away (almost cried afterwards), and read my goals. I'm going to do this! The weights sounds really great, I've never gotten into lifting and this moring was lower-body for me, I felt more pain in my hands and shoulders than I did my legs. I could have pressed about 50lbs if it wasn't for my discomfort. Does anyone else have this problem?

j-gilmer - thanks for believing in me!