Is giving BFL book & journal an ok b'day gift for a friend you really want to help?

• I'm only in week 3 and doing ok. My friend turns 50 soon and I'm getting her the BFL book & journal & Eating for Life book with a heartfelt letter of how much I care about her and all her health issues. She is a beautiful woman with a huge heart that does for everyone else all the time. Her weight is ruining all aspects of her life. I just want to help her so much. I'm just hoping I don't offend her.

She is very picky food eater but with the wide range of food I'm sure she could find something. She likes to be organized so I think she will love the journal. The Eating for life book has so many easy recipes and she is the busiest woman I know so I think she would appreciate the recipes.

We have been friends for 20 years, she is my makeup artist (I have a glamour photography business and I contract her to do makeup). We live 1 1/2 hours from each other so working out together is not an option.

I just want to relay to her that her 1st 50 years was all about everyone else, now it's time to take care of you!

Whats everyones opinion?

Thanks!

Live   Love   Lift!

Dee :)

• I think it is a very thoughtful idea. Especially since you have a close relationship there wont be any grey area for her to be offended. Does she know you have been doing your own challenge? How did she react to that news?

• Well, to her I'm always doing something...

I know in my heart that "this it it!" for me but she might just roll her eyes (in a polite way).

My husband and I are doing this together and we love it! We are very serious!

I don't see or talk to her all the time, we work together 1 -6 times a month. (Lately with the economy it's more like 1 - 3!)

Her b'day is May 8th and I'm going to her surprise party on the 7th. I got her a few other items: picture frames & perfume. I think I will have a little note outside the BFL package saying for her to open in private. Or, give it to her another time when we are alone.

Wish me luck!

Live   Love   Lift!

• My gosh, this post made me tear up!!  If you write the letter to her as lovingly as you wrote this post, she will love it.  I also think that your following through all the way to the end will show her that it can be done by example.  

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• I tried giving my dad the B4L Bool and he loved it..... for about 4 min's.  I would talk to her about it first and find out if this is something she will be interested in. If it is, maybe you can tape in a gift card for her favorite restaurant, and invite her out to eat for a 'Free Day' sampler. Then you can talk more about BFL over dinner (after you eat the dessert)  :)

Stacy Lynn

• **Book. (Not bool)

Stacy Lynn

• Hi Dancerhasbn!

Thank you for your opinion! Just wondering... what week are you in and how are you doing?

Hi Champster09!

You made me tear up when I read your story! And look how cute & sexy you are! I loved your story. Just wondering did you ever talk to the man from the bookstore again? He should see you now!

Thank you too for your opinion, I'll post how it goes with my friend!

Live   Love   Lift!

• Hi Stacy815,

I'm too chicken to do it in person, I know my nerves will screw up my words. I think a letter will work better for me. And knowing her like I do, she is the same way, she writes letters to many people when the subject would be hard to talk about face to face.

Live   Love   Lift!

• You know your friend better than we do.  I think it's a great idea.  Has she ever expressed an interest in getting healthy?  If so, add a note about following her dream and how you will help her get there. :-)

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• Sharon--Wonder-Woman

Great idea! And yes, she has tried things in the past but she does not talk about it much. I remember once her acupuncturist put these tiny beans in her earlobe and told her to squeeze each earlobe 20 times before eating. So there we were in a restaurant and she would be squeezing away!

I printed out your profile page and will add it to her book. Very inspiring!!! I hope she does this and has great results like you!

Live   Love   Lift!

• I wish someone had given me this book 4 years ago.  So, yeah I would say it's a good idea.   The only thing you might be worried about is offending someone, however your friend is quite obviously not in denial so go for it.

• I'm Going!!!

Live   Love   Lift!

• Hi Deirdre,

I am in week 10... doing great as far as sticking to the plan but I am not really seeing results which is kind of a bummer. However, I know that this way of eating/exercising is healthy so I will keep doing it anyway.

• Dancerhasbn,

I'm too new to give advise but maybe you could ask for help/advise from the BFL Champions! But I'm glad you are pushing through your frustration and I'm sure your efforts will be rewarded!!!

It's funny how your perspective changes! When I was younger I just wanted to look good and fit into "those" jeans but now I just want to be a healthy & fit Grammy and live as long as possible to enjoy my great-grandchildren someday! (Getting into those jeans would still be nice!)

Live   Love   Lift!

• My birthday's the 9th. I'll take them if she doesn't. ;-)