Does this mean I have crossed the abyss?

• My name is rlbsmith. I am 36 years old. I am starting tomorrow, March 12, 2013.  I would love to hear from anyone else with the same start date!

I plan to use this thread as my BFL journal/blog.  

I am really disgusted with myself for allowing myself to get this way. I am now heavier than I ever have been in my whole life, including throughout my three pregnancies. There are so many things I want to say and want to write but today I'm not going to dwell on them.  I have been preparing to start for 4 days; gathering my BFL book, workout journal (that still has notes from my last challenge - 2003!! 10 years ago!).  I don't have a lot of room to work out but I have a rowing maching for cardio and a TRX for strength training.  Tomorrow's LBWO will be the first time I will have the TRX out of the package so the workout will take a little longer and will be a bit of a learning curve.  I also have a really excellent set of free weights and a bench but no room to set them up. 

I have a few excuses already lined up as to why I can't start tomorrow.  1. I don't know how to set up and use the TRX. 2. I haven't taken my before photos and measurements.  3. I haven't planned my meals and shakes.  All just EXCUSES!  I am starting tomorrow and I will learn TRX as I go.  I will take photos and measurements this afternoon.  I will do this. I want to be healthy.  I want to feel better. I want to look better.  

My husband is doing this challenge with me but he is an extremely private person and wouldn't appreciate my rambling on like this.  So I look to the BFL community for companionship.  I would love to hear from you and look forward to chatting with you.

Tomorrow I will write about how I am going to make this BFL challenge a game of numbers.

Day -1.

• Hi Rlbsmith,

I am 30yrs old and I have been through 3 pregnancies also. My fiance has elected to take this challenge with me also and we both started March 8th, 2013. I wish you all the greatness in success!!

• Hi,  I am on my 3rd week and I can understand how the first bit can be so overwhelming and frustrating, knowing that you allowed yourself to get to this stage, but we are all in the same or similar boat and we can do this together!  After 3 weeks I feel great and my clothes fit better, but there are days when I feel like it might not work or I I just feel blah - I usually feel like that on a day off from working out or the day after free day - it just goes to show how good I feel on the days I am following the program and how crappy food can affect mood negatively and good food positively.

I am journalling daily on another thread "Multiple BFL attempts, 1 successful BFL, starting C2."  I have some pretty embarrassing skeletons in my closet but am being completely honest in this journal and will write in every day, or every day that I can.  

The first bit of the challenge, esp if you are new to working out, will be getting to know the exercises and seeing how much weight you need to challenge yourself.  Each week you will be more comfortable in knowing what to do for your workout and after a few weeks you should see yourself being able to lift heavier.  This is all about progress, not perfection.  After 12 weeks, if you stick to the program, you WILL see results.   All the best!

• I agree with all of this. Perfection is not possible. Some days I am hungry or don't want to work out but I am at week 3 and feel like I am making ground mentally and physically. I am also completing the challenge with my boyfriend, which is really awesome. We encourage each other and remind each other of the reasons we are completing this challenge.