My best-kept secret to real change on BFL...

• Sleep. I'm 47 year old male. I've never slept correctly in life. But when I stared BFL on Dec. 31, 2012, I knew I would need to commit to 6 straight days of workout with alternating upper body, lower body & cardio too. I've even added one round of "Tadata" to my cardio days. 

But, the best thing I've done as part of change is ensure I get the needed 7.5-8 hours sleep per night plus stretch before & after workouts & drinking 8-10 glasses of water per day (thank God for Crystal Light). But I can do none of this right without my sleep. 

In fact, it's time to say goodnight now. 

• You are absolutely right!  I found sleep to be key as well.

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• Yes.  I have to get my sleep or I am dragging through my BFL days.  :)

• Soooo true. I've slept more in my first week doing BFL than I have any other week of my life. I made the commitment to myself that if I was tired, I'd go to bed. It has been the most important thing that got me through this week. On to week 2!...

• Ah!  Now I don't feel so bad for wanting to go straight to bed after my first workout!  Wow.  I had no idea how out of shape I was!

• Oh poo! Sleep is the one thing that's tough for me to do. I work 9-6 and have a 1 1/2 hour commute on a good day. A lot of days I work late and or have more like a 2 hour commute. I get up at 5:30 am to go to the gym. Sometimes I manage to get to bed by 10:00, which allows for 7.5 hours of sleep. That's a luxury for me. Most nights, I'm lucky if I get to bed at midnight. Getting up is kind of tough, but once I'm up, I'm fine.

Come visit my blog!

http://fittrac.blogspot.com

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you'll be right!