Why did you choose BFL as opposed to other programs??

• I have started many BFL challenges and only completed 1 with great results.

• I chose BFL because it made the most sense to me and the meal plan was actually something I could follow fairly easily.

I have tried other programs in the past and I never stuck with them more than 2 weeks or so.  I liked the idea of them, but I found it too hard to stay on the diets they promoted.

I did try the BFL program about 12 years ago, but it was a very half-hearted attempt as I was pretty young and had never read the book.  I had heard about it from someone I knew and tried to eat what I thought was healthy.  I often sneaked in candy or other treats and then totally binged on my free day.  I didn't work out at all that I can remember.  Of course, I didn't really see any results that time (I don't even think I did it for more than a couple weeks and certainly didn't enter the official challenge), but that's because I wasn't actually following the BFL program.

So this time, when I got to the point where I was not happy with myself at all and knew I needed to make changes, I remembered BFL and bought the book and read it.  I liked what I read and went right into the program a week later.

I'm just about to week 6 and am happy with my results so far.  I feel so much better and I have lost 5 pounds total. :)

• Greetings,  I have compleated, total, Three (last was C3) BFL Challenges of varying levels of success. Most, I would say have been successful and have resulted in some very tangible gains in muscle and losses in body fat and I continue to this day. I will most likely be doing a C4 BFL Challenge next year at springtime right after a 12 week experimental Mens Fitness Hard Body program for advanced lifters. (almost back toback with a 2 week AR period inbetween if possible). I hope you will join us in a Challenge sometime again and perservere. Keep Moving Forward!!!

• I've followed the BfL diet on and off for the past 12 years. I did a "12 weeker" in 2000 and got great results, but I didn't stay the course. I don't know why, because it really is the easiest and healthiest plan. I just let things go. Then on Jan. 2, 2012 I joined a well-known plan. I've lost 30 lbs (15-18 to go), 5" from my waist (3-4 to go) , 2 pants sizes (2 to go) and 1 shirt size. But I've stalled because the point tracking has become a pain in the butt. The basis for success is the BMI. They admit they have no other method. The point system and BMI works great unless you're muscular (I am) which puts you overweight, giving you too few points, slowing your metabolism. I'm not dogging the plan, because it does work, but not for everyone. That said, I'm coming back to BfL. I have always liked the palm/fist measuring method. I don't know if I'll be able to work out 6 days a week. I may have to double up the weights and cardio on 1 or 2 days, and I like working out on Sunday mornings. I don't think those are show-stoppers.