Not My First Rodeo

• This isn't my first attempt at BFL, nor is it my second....SO THIRD TIME'S A CHARM. One thing I didn't do in the past was get involved with the community and try to get some support. After talking to a co-worker who lost a lot of weight, it wasn't the workouts or the eating plan it was getting support from a community. Sure those other things matter but I'm convinced that my past failures have been due to the fact that I've felt that I could do this on my own. 

So here I am. I'm getting involved. I'm starting things off today on April 27th 2010. I'm going to do some working out the rest of this week to get some soreness out, get some planning done for my workout, eating plan, and to get plugged into the community both on-line and in Austin. Sunday May 2nd or Monday May 3rd with be my official first day, BUT I'm not going to wait till then to start things off. My plan is to start eating better and working out TODAY. 

I'm spending the evening, re-reading the BFL book and setting my goals, which I'll post on my Bio later tonight. I'm jumping into this with both feet. And while I'll be working out and eating better the remainder of this week. I will officially kick things off as mentioned above. I'm tired of being overweight, huffing and puffing walking up the stairs, not being able to keep up with 4 year old twin girls, high cholesterol (recently told to me by my Doc), and I'm tired of being tired and unmotivated. I want to be successful!!! 

So I hope I can meet some new friends and find some encouragement. But not only that I hope that I can be an encouragement to other as well. Sorry if this is a bit all over the place but I'm pretty excited about what I'm about to do. I went out today bought a new BLF book and the BFL Journal. Tomorrow I'll go get stocked up on shakes and other stuff. 

Thanks again and can't wait to get going

Jimbob

• Welcome to the playground Jimbob. :) You have no idea how much fun is in store for you. Hang on!

• Jimbob!! You sound like you have everything planned out for success! I too have started numerous challenges and I believe that getting involved with this community was one of the reasons that I'm still here and I've seen success (C2W5)...log on often, met some folks, and enjoy the ride. But most importantly, do this for YOU and your FAMILY because you/they deserve it!! :)

Best wishes to you! :)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• Yeee Hawwww

Take the bull by the horns! Get back in the saddle.

You have come to the right place for encouragement!

Kat

Squats

• Welcome Jimbob!!

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Glad to see you here in the forum Jimbob!!!!! This forum has been a lifesaver for me on more than one occasion!!!!! Sounds like you are getting your ducks in a row!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to hear about all your progress!!!!!

*~*Success is hidden under a rock of hard work. Keep digging with patience; it's up to you, only*~*

• Jimbob,

You sound a lot like me.  I set the date out there a little, read and reread the book.  I also went out and bought the BFL Journal which I use EVERY day.  It really helps me.  Each day is a new inspirational story and read it every morning as I prepare breakfast and reread my dreams and goals.  You may want to look into it.  Its just another great tool to have available.  Best of luck with the challenge.

• Thanks for all of the encouragement!!!

To Mustbcj: I picked up the Journal yesterday at lunch

I was up till 2am last night re-reading and taking notes from the BFL book, and reflecting on my past attempts at BFL. One of the things that I realized was that I never really invested myself into "Crossing the Abyss". Oh, I went through the motions and wrote down my goals, took a picture (which just got tucked away in a file on the computer), and did all that the book asked. What I failed to do was to go over my goals each day, in addition to not getting involved in the BFL community.

While I'm exhausted from being up so late, I feel encouraged and excited about where I'm headed. I spent some time visiting with my wife about my plans last night and she is a huge encouragement as well.  Thanks again for all of your support. I hope to get my goals together today or tomorrow and will post them.

• Jimbob-

Yes, it really is the community!!

The community is wonderful for encouraging you and answering questions (and multiple points of views, which I love)

The community is horrible because you think of us when you are on the treadmil and need to belt out that last five min's.  You think of how much we sacrifice for ourselves and rely on eachother, then you realize you CAN'T let us down!!

:)

You've got it this time!

You can do it on your own, but why would you want to?!?!? Who else is going to leave awesome comments about your 4, 8 and 12 week after photos?!?

Stacy Lynn