embarressing

• this is silly - but I just checked out the before pics - and need to post mine. I am embarressed to put mine up. I feel like I look like a beached whale. Darn it. I know we all have to start somewhere. Truth is, I've been doing BFL for several years but have let myself slip and the weight pile on. So - I'm back, need to get my chin up amd do the deal. Its Day 12 for me and its good to be back. I just hope my after pic is a success (I'm planning on it) I did take my before pic 3 days after challenge started.

Bettie

• Hi Bettie!

Well I am glad you've started following Body For Life again.

I am sure I am correct when I say that you are probably not the first, and certainly will not be the last person that was embarrassed by their "Before" pictures.

In a way (and I don't want to sound cruel here), I am glad that you are a little embarrassed about your pictures (I FELT THIS TOO). I think that having an "emotional reaction", like embarrassment, towards your "Before" picture is a good thing.

For me it, I have harnessed my own embarrassment at my Before pictures. I have them stuck to my bedroom wall, I look at them everyday, and usually before I do my weights sessions too (I have a weight bench in my bedroom, so I do my weights in there).

When I look at those "Before" pictures, I am reminded straight away why I am doing this Body For Life program. And it also helps to remind me that with every weight repetition, with every minute of cardio that passes by, and with every healthy meal that I eat, I am getting further and further away from the "Before" version of me, and towards a much healthier, happier, better looking version of me.

I also read my Goals and Reasons for Change each day and night (as the book suggests you do). You are probably doing this already too. I think this is probably one of the most important things that you can possibly do to make it all the way through the program, the entire 84 days - constantly remind yourself why you are doing it.

I have posted my Goals & Reasons for Change, and my "Before" pictures in my profile - take a look if you like. What I wrote in there took me some time to write, but it came from the heart, I believe in it, and consequently there is NO WAY I will ever give up on trying to make my goals a reality. After maybe 2 weeks of reading them every day and night, they become too important to you to give up on.

Good luck with your journey Bettie!

• Hi Autota, thank you for your amazing feedback. I read it Sat. - once or twice and then again yesterday. I've been busy and couldn't respond. I have not been doing the reasons for change. Funny how you forget certain things when you've done several challenges. I"m going to check yours out. I am also going to take the time to do mine. You really helped me with your feedback. Thank you so much!! Right now I'm a bit under the weather, no LBWO tonight - which I hate. I hope to be back at it tomorrow.

Anyway - just wanted to say thankyou and I intend to take all you advice. Its the best advice I have been given in a long time. BTW, is there a way I could e-mail you personally, where no one else could read it? If not, thats fine.

Thanks again !!

Bettie

• Hi Bettie,

Wow thank you, that is very kind of you to say that ;-) You are very welcome, I hope the advice helps.

Yes you can send me a private message. I have added you as a friend and sent to a message that you can respond to.

When you login to the forum, underneath the grey bar that says "Forum", "Events", Newsletter" etc, look way over to the right.

You will see one called "Conversations" this is where any private messages that you send, or have been sent, will appear.

• Hi there,

I have created a support group on Facebook called Body for Lifers!

I have just started the Body For Life program (8/15/12) and know I need an easily accessible support group. I would really like to have a forum where questions can be answered, encouragement given, progress celebrated and ideas generated. I know that over the next 12 weeks it will be easy to get stuck in a rut either with eating or training and having a group of fellow Body for Lifers will be invaluable!

Come join us!

Laura