Uber Disappointment

• Hi All,

I'm just starting my eight week of the Body For Life program and my results have been absolutely dismal.

I just bought a scale today and came in near 240lb.  For the last year+ I've consistently weighed 225lb at every doctor check up.

By the way, I'm a 29 yr old male and about 5'8.

I haven't skipped a single work out in my eight weeks and that scale number is the most depressing thing I could have seen. I can only hope some of it is muscle mass, but I just doubt it is 15lbs worth.

During my eight weeks, my diet hasn't been perfect, but it has been better than anything before I started this program. I completely eliminated my soda addiction, diet or regular and eat out a lot less.

My typical diet consists of home made chinese i.e. stir fried vegetables and rice.

Anywho, I just had to vent, because I'm not going to quit, but holy hell do I really want to down a big gulp of coke right now to drowned out my sorrow.

Thanks for listening. 

• Hi Prajna,

It seems you are not alone, so it might be a good idea to read the thread "Need a little help from my friends"!  Just the messages you want to hear.

Also, bathroom scales provide relative weight.  Doctors' scales are very accurate as they use weights, not springs.  Bathroom scales vary depending upon the weather, humidity, where they are on the floor, how you step on the scale.  And just for fun, get on the scale, step off, step back on.  The two weights may be different (probably because the spring is stretched a little from the first time)!

Stay with it - let the mirror be your best friend!

Mary

• Yes, ready the thread "Need a little help from my friends"! Same topic. Don't get discouraged.

SorayaRosaria

• Hi,

Thank you. Do you have a link to that thread? I'm not seeing it. Thanks!

• Greetings!  Right now that thread is 3 down from yours on the forum.  I don't know if this link will work but here goes!

bodyforlife.com/.../6142.aspx

• Try hard not to get discouraged- I haven't been at it as long, but haven't seen results on my scale either, but on a cellular level, we ARE healthier than we would have been if we'd never gotten moving, and eating better!  Keep with it- and throw away that scale!!!!

• Diet is 80% of the puzzle.  Your eating may be better than before, but not clean enough to see the changes you are wanting to see. I'd be happy to give you my 2cents, if you want to post a day's worth of meals on here, or you can also friend me on myfitnesspal.com.  My username is schmertnat (just let me know in the friend request that you are from BFL forum).  I'm actually on there more than here.  Don't be discouraged, but do commit to do this the best that you can, not just better than you were.  Go get 'em!! 

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"